Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia» Forums » General

Subject: Co-op/Solo Play Results Log rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Galen Teschendorf
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
With all the talk of whether coop mode is too easy or too hard, I thought it would be interesting to keep track of Coop play results, and collect information from players see if we can identify any trends. Many things including number of characters, specific characters used, and monster dice used could affect difficulty, so I'm trying to include as much information on play variables as possible.

Solo play 1: Victory
Turns: 17
Characters: Raffi, Travis
Minor Monster Dice: Base Set, 2 Inferno, & 2 Undead
Major Monster Dice: Base Set, 2 Villains, 2 Rigor Mortis
Final room: Throne room

*Notes: Both characters were hording treasure cards, and only two or three were used on the first dungeon level.

Solo play 2: Victory
Turns: 20
Characters: Algus, Azure
Minor Monster Dice: Base Set, 2 Inferno, 2 Undead
Major Monster Dice: Base Set, 2 Nameless
Final Room: Throne Room

*Notes: The Skeleton Captain delayed Algus both times it was rolled, as I wasn't prepared to fight two monsters either time. Only one spawn point tile flipped up on level 1. Azure was at 9exp by the end of his 2nd turn. Algus advanced much slower, partly because he was used to sit on a spawn point for a turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rocket
msg tools
Great idea!

Solo play 1: Victory
Turns: 15
Characters: Maya, Hobsbaum
Minor Monster Dice: Base Set
Major Monster Dice: Base Set

*Notes: It was my first try, so I might have missed to draw 1-2 evil cards. Hobsbaum nearly died before entering the final level, so I rested for a round and healed him with potions and a treasure card. I had many treasure cards when I entered the throne room. I wasn't sure if another monster can spawn in the room with Malaphyas, if there are already two minor monsters in there with him (I think there is no limit if he uses his ability), but I used "dismiss" before dealing with Malaphyas, so that wouldn't have mattered anyway. I need a little more routine, though.

Solo play 2: Victory
Turns: 14
Characters: Scarlett, Wisp
Minor Monster Dice: Base Set, Monsters Dice Set
Major Monster Dice: Base Set, Monsters Dice Set

*Notes: It was really close this time. The two heroes had to help each other out against Malaphyas by using a lot of treasure cards. Both nearly died, with one life left, but I managed to kill Malaphyas with enough ranged attacks - they are just awesome. I really like Wisps ninja abilities that generate bows and how Scarlett generates gold and uses ranged attacks. Gold seems to be really important in order to avoid the effects of evil cards. I'm getting used to solo play, but there's so much to keep in mind each turn.

Solo play 3: Victory
Turns: 19
Characters: Greensleeves, Spike

*Notes: Both characters are fun to play. Greensleeves is very powerful with Raining Arrows and his other ranged abilities. Spike is also quite nice with his Crossbow and Stomp. Greensleeves seems more powerful, but Spike rolled a lot of potions and healed both characters, so it wasn't that close this time. I never really got into trouble. It just took a little longer than usual. I think the Minor Monsters from the Monsters Dice Set make is easier. I rolled a lot of rats and zombies.

Solo play 4: Defeat
Turns: 8
Character: Grom
Final room: -

*Notes: It was quite straight forward, because Grom was on his own. With only one miniature, it's less interesting, but easier to play. Everything went pretty well at first. I beat Aunty Bitsy in the second room I explored and pressed on to the second floor. I only had one dice left (bow) and 4 Gold, but I was down to 3 lifepoints. With 5 Treasure Cards, I entered a Rune Room, which revealed Cun-Ha's Tomb. He prevented me from playing treasure cards and ripped me a new one. I killed his first form with “Crush All Enemies”, but I didn't survive his payback. Cun-Ha's abilities are pretty sick! angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.