Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Nelson
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I fee dumb, but can't seem to figure it out. It says you can only use the cards that your guy can use, but there are a lot of cards that don't have the emblams that are pictured on the back of the character card. I can't figure out what cards that I can actually use. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nathrotep wrote:
It says you can only use the cards that your guy can use, but there are a lot of cards that don't have the emblams that are pictured on the back of the character card.

I'm not entirely sure I understand your confusion, perhaps you could include an example?

But... Roland says he can use Guardian, Seeker and Neutral cards. (Blue, Yellow and Grey). The other cards (red, green, purple) are used by other Investigators. Wendy can use red and green and grey.

Is that what you mean?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are cards that have a symbol e.g. "Beat Cop" or the ".45 Automatic" - these two belong to Guardian class

And cards that have none e.g: "Emergency Cache" or "Knife", these are Neutral.

For the ones belonging to a class you have to follow the rules on the back of the investigator card, the neutral one syou can use freely (considering you follow the general rules for deckbuilding).

A side note: in case you have only the core set and are playing with 2 investigators ther's not so much deckbuilding possibilities...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Nelson
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, I get that he can use the ones with the shield and star, and the ones with the little globes, but which ones are the neutral cards? I just have the base game, and we're playing with the two sample characters from the manual. There are a bunch of other cards, some of which I now realize from reading your replies, that are other colors, so I am now assuming that they would be for other characters to use. I can't find and cards that are gray in color, so I'm not sure what you mean by that. I plan on getting all the expansions, so would like to figure out this deck building mechanic before I do. We finished the first scenario, and are stuck at spending the victory points to upgrade our cards for the next part of the campaign. Thanks so much for all your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nathrotep wrote:
I can't find and cards that are gray in color, so I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Some Neutral cards are: Knife, Unexpected Courage, Flashlight, Emergency Cache... etc

You say you're playing with the sample deck from the manual... so any card thats NOT blue or yellow in Roland's deck is neutral.

Check out here for a list of cards: https://arkhamdb.com/set/core
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arkham Chronicle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi There.

We made a video all about building your starter decks.

https://youtu.be/HmofBH61aiI

Maybe you might find it helpful.

The Arkham Chronicle Gang
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Nelson
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sweet! Thank you all so much!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul C
United Kingdom
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ArkhamChronicle wrote:
Hi There.

We made a video all about building your starter decks.

https://youtu.be/HmofBH61aiI

Maybe you might find it helpful.

The Arkham Chronicle Gang

These guys are excellent. And the info is supplied with a good sense of humour. keep up the good work????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.