Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is more a just for fun post than soliciting a serious debate, but why is the Switchblade illicit when they weren't banned until the 1950's? Maybe someone here knows more about knife history, but as far as I can tell switchblades were perfectly legal in the '20s.

Update: same with the Derringer.

The only thing I can think of is that it is part of the Rogue's kit and he's always carrying concealed which probably was illegal at the time. But then how come a plain ol knife isn't illicit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct but I imagine it's not to be taken quite literally. I wonder what future "illicit" cards we will see?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For one thing, the game is not a simulator. Also, it is just a trait and the developers may have some cards that use it already, just they're not released yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I updated in the op that maybe is just the nature of the Rogue's kit and that these weapons are being illegally carried concealed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driss
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

illicit: forbidden by law, rules, or custom.

Maybe not illegal but still looked down on as a dastardly, unsavory weapon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They were outlawed by Arkham's cult-run city council. Members were unhappy that investigators had weapons that could be drawn without provoking opportunity attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect we will see future Rogues using Illicit the way Marie uses Spells or Daisy uses Tomes. Michael McGlen and Finn Edwards come to mind as folks who might be able to put that keyword to some use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.