Subject: Question About the 6 New Improved "X" Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Guthrie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally picked up this expansion, and it looks amazing. I have a question regarding the 6 new Improved "X" cards (X being Trade, Research, Warfare, Production, Colonize and Survey). These new versions have different costs and symbols than their counterparts in the base game set. Are the new versions meant to be included in the Technology card piles along with the old versions (so there will be 5 of each kind of Improved "X" card), or do they replace the originals? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlessAndDestroy wrote:
Finally picked up this expansion, and it looks amazing. I have a question regarding the 6 new Improved "X" cards (X being Trade, Research, Warfare, Production, Colonize and Survey). These new versions have different costs and symbols than their counterparts in the base game set. Are the new versions meant to be included in the Technology card piles along with the old versions (so there will be 5 of each kind of Improved "X" card), or do they replace the originals? Thanks.

They do not replace anything. Add them to their respective stacks.

If you look closely, you may notice that Improved Warfare (for example) used to only exist in the Fertile and Advanced stacks. The new Improved Warfare card is in the Metallic stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Guthrie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, you're right. I didn't pick up on that. Thanks for the reply. Can't wait to get a game with this expansion. Looks great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlessAndDestroy wrote:
Ah, you're right. I didn't pick up on that. Thanks for the reply. Can't wait to get a game with this expansion. Looks great!

By the way, I HIGHLY recommend playing the base game many times before adding the expansion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.