Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Condon
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that everything from the non-Second Tide sets is getting their own 'upgrade kit' of some kind, but are there any plans to re-release them in the Second Tide vein without having to track down originals and appropriate upgrade kits?

I missed the boat (ha!) on this one. While I always thought it looked interesting, the original rules left me wanting and the Second Tide edition seems to address my main concerns. But when the Second Tide kickstarter was... kicking about... I didn't pay it any mind due to the fact I didn't realize the rules were changed more towards what I'd want out of the game.

I'm also a sucker for differnt factions and such, but the idea of having to track down a bunch of older sets and pairing them (hopefully) with conversion kits seems a bit too much. And getting the second set with only two factions available (and not having the super neat ones I remember seeing from the original) is going to more than likely cause me to pass it up entirely.

So is there hope for me? Am I going to be able to get a Second Tide set of the non-KS exclusive armies and figures and whatnot in the future?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is just one 'upgrade kit' that upgrades all previous factions/characters to the Second Tide format... you don't have to track down upgrade kits for each.

And I would say no... they probably won't ever release Second Tide versions of the original factions, but, with the upgrade kit containing all you will need, that's no big deal. Just buy any old factions you want, and the one upgrade kit. This even has the advantage that you can then play with any factions/characters you don't even have... you'll have all their cards, you'll just have to substitute their minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zenpunk wrote:
There is just one 'upgrade kit' that upgrades all previous factions/characters to the Second Tide format... you don't have to track down upgrade kits for each.

And I would say no... they probably won't ever release Second Tide versions of the original factions, but, with the upgrade kit containing all you will need, that's no big deal. Just buy any old factions you want, and the one upgrade kit. This even has the advantage that you can then play with any factions/characters you don't even have... you'll have all their cards, you'll just have to substitute their minis.

And that, sir, is exactly my plan. Buy the 2nd tide KS with upgrade pack and go from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Condon
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where do you buy the conversion kit? I hadnt realized it was a one-and-done deal.

Also, how much do the hero packs really add?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The conversion kit is going to be released with the Kickstarter soon. At some time after that, it should be available at retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
roufus wrote:
Where do you buy the conversion kit? I hadnt realized it was a one-and-done deal.

The bonus is that the upgrade kit will also have the KS exclusive upgrade cards. So you'll only be missing the KS exclusive mini but can proxy them. I'm sure you'll be able to purchase direct from their website (cool mini or not), and possibly retail.

From the KS:

Upgraded Hero Dashboards for all previous Heroes (Including all Core Boxes, Expansions, Previous Kickstarter Items, and Promos. Over 70+ Heroes!)
Skill Cards for all previously released Heroes (Over 200 Skill Cards!)
Updated Kraken and Sea Dragon tiles.
Updated Objective Tiles for Wellsport Brotherhood, Bone Devils, La Brise Sanguine, and Mazu's Dreadful Curse
Updated Full Color Tide Decks for Wellsport Brother, Bone Devils, La Brise Sanguine, and Mazu's Dreadful Curse
Updated Rulebook

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Condon
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorune wrote:
roufus wrote:

The bonus is that the upgrade kit will also have the KS exclusive upgrade cards. So you'll only be missing the KS exclusive mini but can proxy them. I'm sure you'll be able to purchase direct from their website (cool mini or not), and possibly retail.

From the KS:

Upgraded Hero Dashboards for all previous Heroes (Including all Core Boxes, Expansions, Previous Kickstarter Items, and Promos. Over 70+ Heroes!)
Skill Cards for all previously released Heroes (Over 200 Skill Cards!)
Updated Kraken and Sea Dragon tiles.
Updated Objective Tiles for Wellsport Brotherhood, Bone Devils, La Brise Sanguine, and Mazu's Dreadful Curse
Updated Full Color Tide Decks for Wellsport Brother, Bone Devils, La Brise Sanguine, and Mazu's Dreadful Curse
Updated Rulebook

Jorune

Well I hope you're right on that. I took a leap of faith and ordered some of the originals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
roufus wrote:
Well I hope you're right on that. I took a leap of faith and ordered some of the originals.

I don't see how he could be wrong unless CMON fails to deliver as promised; that was a direct Kickstarter quote.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
roufus wrote:

I don't see how he could be wrong unless CMON fails to deliver as promised; that was a direct Kickstarter quote.

I'm thinking he meant me being right on the availability part since CMON didn't say anything beyond it not being a KS exclusive. But I've gotta think they want to make sure retail with 1st edition stuff is covered. I could also see future reprints getting a 2nd tide makeover, but that's farther in the future since even during this KS they were selling a first edition bundle that got the 2nd tide upgrade kit for free.

I also believe that CMON posts character boards for even exclusive stuff as pdf downloads from their website. Yup, double checked, they have pdf files you can download peppered through the different updates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Condon
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got word that CMON did not offer the upgrade kit to retailers.
(I specifically asked a particularly popular online retailer, but I'd rather not put their name out here publicly forever.)

That's not to say they wont in the future, but as of right now it's not in the plans.

Color me concerned. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
roufus wrote:
(I specifically asked a particularly popular online retailer, but I'd rather not put their name out here publicly forever.)

That's not to say they wont in the future, but as of right now it's not in the plans.

Color me concerned. cry

From the January 8 comment by the game's designer: "Shows you shouldn't listen to rumors. Upgrade Kit is not KS exclusive, and has been said many, many times over the campaign it was a retail item."

If that's not straight from the horse's mouth, I don't know what is.

Actually, being in Asia, I received my Wave 2 earlier than most, and the Upgrade Kit is now sitting on my table. It's a ridiculous amount of stuff you get for the price

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
roufus wrote:

Color me concerned. cry

Just because it hasn't been offered yet, doesn't mean it's not going to in the future. Also, by retail could possibly mean straight from the CMON website themselves.

Jorune

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Condon
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I said I was *concerned*, not panicked.

I also contacted CMON myself:

"Thank you for contacting us. At this time, we do not have a date as to when the Conversion Kit for Rum & Bones will become available retail. You can periodically check the CMON web site and follow CMON on Facebook and Twitter for updates. Thank you for your interest and have a great day."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Marowske
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The updates have been available as downloads for some time now, so you download them and print them out.

KS Update with all file links

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Condon
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
esquire468 wrote:
The updates have been available as downloads for some time now, so you download them and print them out.

KS Update with all file links

That's really only a 'worst case scenario' option for me. I'd really like things to match, and my printer isn't exactly the best.

Where on earth do you get the mercenary Tide deck? I can't find that anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finn Mac Cool
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Mercenary tide deck will not exist, because in Second Tide even if you pick an entirely Mercenary force you must still pick a specific faction's tide deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It took awhile for CMON to release the League Kit for Kaosball to retail but it did happen. I would imagine you'll see this update kit eventually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.