Subject: Who's up for some weapon making rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to get the feel for all the new upgrade cards and the gear cards as well(having received my second wave shipment). I was disappointed with the fact that there are no weapons per se. But between all the upgrade cards, it seems pretty cool to create weapon decks. i'm not certain of where to start yet, but it seems like something very feasible. Missions can always have their difficulty upped pretty easily to compensate, or the weapon just replaces a focus card.

Whatcha'all think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Basel
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was thinking of doing this myself.Glad you started the thread.

My first thoughts is to start with very basic abilities with the weapons. Ex. increase range for bullet attacks by 1. Or add one damage. But all with as minimal of a bonus as possible since it can really through off balance. Like tu said with stretch goal monsters it can be adjust to be more difficult.

The other option is replacing or copying some of the focus abilities.

If someone with graphic design abilities would be willing to do art I think it should match the character card format.

I'm sure most of these comments are obvious first thoughts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Oliveira
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Team fortress would be a good source since characters there already wield multiple weapons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.