Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lap Ho Cheung
United States
Aiea
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it is not much of the content, but I really wish I got all the add-on when I pledged. Anyone know a way to acquire those now (or later)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Something'll come along. Once this releases I have to think there will be plenty of used copies available. It's not a legacy game but I don't see people hanging onto it after they're through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn is boufalaxx
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
Subscribe to Smashing Plastic on YouTube
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I got the weather one.... the worms would have been good too, but the regret I have is that I didn't grab the weather one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Dickson
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same boat.
I contacted serious poulp, trying to get them added on now, bo such luck though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lastsurvivor00 wrote:
I know it is not much of the content, but I really wish I got all the add-on when I pledged. Anyone know a way to acquire those now (or later)?

Jamie's reply from the KS Comments recently re: this topic;

->Sent an email but no reply. Is there any chance of adding to the order at this point?
I’m afraid not, orders are closed and all copies are accounted for.

->Is there anyway I could possibly update my order I kinda want the bone dice now!
Sorry past the point of no return.

With that said I'd have to imagine there will be some overstock once all copies are mailed out and any damaged items are replaced, probably 3-4 months after fulfillment would be my guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Long
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robbage wrote:
Something'll come along. Once this releases I have to think there will be plenty of used copies available. It's not a legacy game but I don't see people hanging onto it after they're through.

I wouldn't be so sure about this game.

There are going to be two types of people. Those who play through one curse and say "not for me - sell"

Or those who do play through all 4 or 7 curses, and then might enjoy playing it again harder.

Then again, this is speaking as someone who doesn't really sell games - so who knows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, based on my read of the rules, you can replay the game and have a somewhat different experience each time via:
- encountering different exploration cards
- using different characters
- combining different curses together (lots of combinations here)
- combining items differently
- including different expansions (weather, rock worms, path of repentance, etc.)

So if an owner likes the game experience, they should be able to get many plays out of the game, even though they'll know part of the continent layout and hidden things after the first play through.

To the OP: I hope you and others can get the add-ons. When I pledge for these Kickstarter games and I don't want to fund the full package, I usually grab all game content items and leave the "bling" for later. For T7C for example, I didn't get the bone dice or journal (although the final dice look cool), because functional dice are included with the game, and the journal is not required to play the game. I can't substitute something for the weather expansion, so it was important to me to get it with the game. Just something to think about as you consider backing future Kickstarter games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Additionally some cards have multiples - As in "take card 113" but there are 3, first play you take card #2 on random, second play you take card #1, both can provide difference experiences. Also, sometimes a card may be banished which again - a different experience. Yes true that eventually you'll have a general idea of the island layout, but you can always play with new people who don't. I guess my point is I think the "lack of replayability" is a bit overplayed here. Also given that each curse takes something like 8+ hours, thats a lot of game play with all the curses...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I wish I had also got some of the add on's now too, but it was expensive so I didn't want to add on anymore. Now I wish I had, but oh well what can one do? Suppose at least we are getting the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonFly90 wrote:
I wish I had also got some of the add on's now too, but it was expensive so I didn't want to add on anymore. Now I wish I had, but oh well what can one do? Suppose at least we are getting the game

This is how I felt also. But I love the idea of weather so against better judgement, I got that one added. I do not regret not getting the other two. I spent enough on this one already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lap Ho Cheung
United States
Aiea
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sad to see this. Hope they will have some leftover add-on so we can purchase it. And I'm not so sure about the aftermarket, I think it will be the whole package, or nothing...

Aberrix wrote:
lastsurvivor00 wrote:

Jamie's reply from the KS Comments recently re: this topic;

->Sent an email but no reply. Is there any chance of adding to the order at this point?
I’m afraid not, orders are closed and all copies are accounted for.

->Is there anyway I could possibly update my order I kinda want the bone dice now!
Sorry past the point of no return.

With that said I'd have to imagine there will be some overstock once all copies are mailed out and any damaged items are replaced, probably 3-4 months after fulfillment would be my guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.