Axl Zombie
msg tools
My group still has the last part of the core campaign to play, but is this expansion intended (or can it be) a continuation of the campaign or do you start over from scratch wih it?

I see it comes with new cards to upgrade with, so do you mix these with th core cards and upgrade from the lot or is everything supposed to be separated?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Mayville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You CAN continue on, but the game is designed to start over with new characters for each campaign.

The player cards just get mixed into your pool from the base game. This pool will expand with each expansion you get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Axl Zombie
msg tools
So basically the upgrade cards from the core can be bought to upgrade the Dunwich characters? They never become "obsolete"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Little
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
axlcox wrote:
So basically the upgrade cards from the core can be bought to upgrade the Dunwich characters? They never become "obsolete"?

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dunwich is a new, 8 mission campaign. The first box was really just a beginner 3 mission intro. Now the real fun begins

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Axl Zombie
msg tools
Ha yeah. As if it isn't already hard as hell. Gives me LOTR flashbacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigGameGeek wrote:
Dunwich is a new, 8 mission campaign.
Let's face it, that 3 scenario "campaign" really wasn't much of a campaign. The upgrades one purchased rarely came into effect in subsequent plays and there really wasn't much scope for change with just a core set. Now an 8 scenario campaign... that has real potential.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giuliano Bartolucci
Italy
fano
Pesaro Urbino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
bigGameGeek wrote:
Dunwich is a new, 8 mission campaign.
Let's face it, that 3 scenario "campaign" really wasn't much of a campaign. The upgrades one purchased rarely came into effect in subsequent plays and there really wasn't much scope for change with just a core set. Now an 8 scenario campaign... that has real potential.

Night of the Zealot is just a condensed hint of Juicy things to come, a showcase, if you like: it is unlikely to
Spoiler (click to reveal)
overcome Umordoth
without at least 3/4 permanent physical/mental traumas...you can do a lot of things in just 3 scenarios but I bet many of us won't bring a half dead/half mad Investigator to Dunwich...sure you can, but would you?
Better reset...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.