Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Eldritch Horror: The Dreamlands» Forums » Rules

Subject: Vincent Lee Action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Action: You or an investigator on your space may discard an injury or illness condition and/or perform a rest action

If I already took a rest action, does this allow a second one?

It is a bit different then Silas, because his method of traveling twice is not named travel.

Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm good question. I feel like as written you would not be allowed to double rest.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I wouldn't say you (or another) perform another rest
action, just that you can use the discard as an extra rest
ability ... Walts
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dlikos wrote:
Action: You or an investigator on your space may discard an injury or illness condition and/or perform a rest action

If I already took a rest action, does this allow a second one?
No, it doesn't.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike costante
United States
scotch plains
New Jersey
flag msg tools
So Vincent can't let another investigator perform rest if that investigator already rested that round?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik C
Canada
flag msg tools
Probably not. That's why the 'or' option is there. So he can heal people who are unable to rest for whatever reason.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amos Boris
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If an investigator is unable to perform a rest action on their turn because they are on a monster (for example), then use their second action to travel off the monster, then Vincent would let them perform a rest action on his turn. So turn order is important with Vincent's ability.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mac616p wrote:
So Vincent can't let another investigator perform rest if that investigator already rested that round?


Correct. Just like Charlie can't let you perform an action you have already done.

I would think maybe if you were Marie you could though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
soakman wrote:
Correct. Just like Charlie can't let you perform an action you have already done.

I would think maybe if you were Marie you could though.
She possibly can with Charlie, by performing her component Action. She can't do this with other action-giving investigators.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Johansson
msg tools
haroth9842 wrote:
soakman wrote:
Correct. Just like Charlie can't let you perform an action you have already done.

I would think maybe if you were Marie you could though.
She possibly can with Charlie, by performing her component Action. She can't do this with other action-giving investigators.


I think that depends on the order of acting investigator. If Vincent Lee is before Marie he could give her a Rest action and then she can use her own action ability to get another rest action.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.