Oh My Goods!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some Market Office questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
After searching through various posts, I'm not sure these questions have been asked before:

1. Say I have built 2 Draw+1 Market Office buildings and I have 3 or fewer cards in my hand. Does that mean I can draw 2 extra cards?

2. Say I have built a +1 Lumber Market Office and a +1 Clay Market Office. Does that mean I can treat the Market has having 1 extra lumber AND 1 extra clay?

Thanks so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
Canada
Campbell River
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes and yes. At least, that's how we have been playing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oilerfan wrote:
Yes and yes. At least, that's how we have been playing it.

Yup, I concur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Thanks so much. That's what I would have thought as well but just wanted to be sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
Brandon
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a thought but with the market +1 draw, if you have 3 cards it will draw you up to 4, then would a second market +1 draw trigger now you are over 3 cards?

Of course if you had 2 cards then both would still trigger.

Its a small point but it depends if they activate simultaneously as to whether they both trigger?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
2x yes.
You draw those cards simultaneously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im confused about the +1 draw... Maybe its from reading the original and the updated rules.

I just downloaded the latest rules from mayfair (2.0). I saw the example on p. 11 about the +1 draw. So this ability only triggers if i have 1-3 cards in my hand??

The way i have been playing is that its good for +1 to your card draw regardless of how many you already have... It seems now that this was wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As you can exchange your cards every turn, it increases its value. Therefore without this rule, this card would be overpowered.
So yes, only if you have at most 3 cards, you get an extracard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Souza
msg tools
mbmbmb
That actually leads me to another question: can you ignore your +1 resource benefit, and burn through an extra card to produce, in order to have 3 card in your hand for the next round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, in all of my games I think a benefit/reward/bonus schould be a an advantage to you and if it is a disadvantage, just forfeit it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Souza
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you, Mr Pfister! Does that include the market itself? Can you ignore it and spend an extra card to produce?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
galahads wrote:
Thank you, Mr Pfister! Does that include the market itself? Can you ignore it and spend an extra card to produce?

The rulebook says: "If you need to, you can make missing Resources available for you by discarding the appropriate card from your hand."
So, the answer is no. You can only discard missing ressources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.