Subject: Using Travis' Ability To Move Monsters Away From Heroes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
DrProfHazzmatt
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Riding the Kickstarter hype train since 2015.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all. In one of my recent games I encountered a situation where one of my players was Playing Travis and wanted to use his ability that allows you to move a monster up to 2 spaces for 3 coins.

His plan was to use this ability to move a monster in his own room away so that he did not have to fight it. Now, during normal movement of monsters you can't do this but in many games, player abilities can override standard rules.

Does anyone know if using this ability to move monsters out of rooms with a hero in it is a kosher thing to do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Penrose
United States
Derby
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless the ability specific states that he can move monsters out of a room that a Hero is in, I wouldn't allow it. For me, the rule breaking has to be mentioned on the card/ability to override the base rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would agree. But it would be good to get official clarification.

We also wondered about the Alliance card that lets you "control" the monsters during the DM phase. Can you use that to move monsters away from heroes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Maxfield
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would allow it, but only after combat resolution since that has to always come before any other actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DrProfHazzmatt
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Riding the Kickstarter hype train since 2015.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zeta044 wrote:
I would allow it, but only after combat resolution since that has to always come before any other actions.

You are able to perform hero abilities before combat so that doesn't quite work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.