Tomasz Waldowski
Poland
Bydgoszcz
Kujawsko-Pomorskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
One of the Elisa (elf magus) cards can create a decoy. I do not remember the cards name. The decoy has wounds, defense and is the weakest hero. We are suppose to put a decoy token within her LoS. That is the easy part. However:
1. Does the decoy block movement and/or LoS?
2. Can we aid (increase it's defense with numeric cards) the decoy when it is attacked?
3. Is it affected by hero abilities and actions. For example can it be healed or has a bonus from Bastian's Shield Wall?
4. How does the decoy token look like? ;-)

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
bigbossjose wrote:
Hi,
One of the Elisa (elf magus) cards can create a decoy. I do not remember the cards name. The decoy has wounds, defense and is the weakest hero. We are suppose to put a decoy token within her LoS. That is the easy part. However:
1. Does the decoy block movement and/or LoS?
2. Can we aid (increase it's defense with numeric cards) the decoy when it is attacked?
3. Is it affected by hero abilities and actions. For example can it be healed or has a bonus from Bastian's Shield Wall?
4. How does the decoy token look like? ;-)

Thanks.

1. Yes
2. Yes (you can aid portcullises - so basically anything that can attack or defend)
3. Yes (as above)
4. Haven't found one, so we use a marker of our choice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Bonnaffoux
France
flag msg tools
4. The decoy is the weakest hero, so I use the Weakest Hero token, which has no other purpose, I think (it looks like a broken chain).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have answered 1-3 as Joe although I am not completely sure about 1. I guess the question is whether the decoy has a physical presence or is just a virtual lure. Timo, what was the design intent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
As for 1 the logical assumption is it does block los, otherwise it would be easy for the enemy to identify it as an illusion. Whether it blocks LOS is another question, however it has 3 HP so I would say it must be solid as well otherwise the enemy would immediately reveal it is an illusion when slashing/biting it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Casiodorus wrote:
4. The decoy is the weakest hero, so I use the Weakest Hero token, which has no other purpose, I think (it looks like a broken chain).

That is correct assumption. It is done for exactly this purpose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Waldowski
Poland
Bydgoszcz
Kujawsko-Pomorskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I use the Weakest Hero token

That is logical... We've used a lizard miniature from Warhammer ;-)

Thank you all for answers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.