United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
The first edition of Descent had a rule about reduced effectiveness of knockback against large creatures. I haven't found that info in the second edition. Did I just miss it, or was that rule dropped?

Also, when knockback is applied to a large creature, do you count the distance like you do with normal large creature movement? So the monster can "expand" away even farther than the listed range, as long as one of his base spaces touches the correct space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Large monsters have no extra resistance to knockback.

Yes, knockback works similarly to movement:

-shrink the monster to a space of the mover's choice
-count the appropriate number of spaces from the chosen space
-expand the monster (as the mover chooses) from the new space.

You (the mover) must place the large monster such that it can fully expand. If there is not a suitable place in range to do so, the monster stays in its original location (it could still be knocked back 1 space and expand back to its original position, for example).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, kind sir.

I'm just ironing out any remaining questions I have about the game before we continue playing. We finally broke out the Road to Legend app, and it has totally reinvigorated this game for my group. It's such a fantastic experience.

FFG probably wouldn't have seen another Descent-related dime from me in the future, but now I'm back in full buying frenzy mode. Well played, FFG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.