Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » General

Subject: Commnon/Uncommon sets question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lech Łapiński
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi, im just starting and I want to buy generic starter box to see if I like this game. But when I do, I want to have base of cards/dice to have more fun and draft some games with friends. And what I see to do best is to buy common/uncommon sets from ebay. But all these sets contain 1 dice for each card. Isn't that not enough? What I see is that every card have "max 4" dice limit. When I would have just one, is it worth it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You normally want at least two, often three dice per card.

Now, remember, the dice are the same for common / uncommon / rare so if you buy a set of commons and a set of uncommons, you are effectively getting two dice per card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gladiator Posse
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
There is a war on for your mind...
badge
www.DrudgeReport.com
mbmbmbmbmb
You would want AT LEAST two dice if you're getting a Common and Uncommon card of each character. For some of the more expensive characters a single die may be enough, but even two a piece won't get your teams to the 20 die allowable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lech Łapiński
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks guys! I did not know that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep an eye out - some people will also sell C/UC sets with "Max Dice". These will have the full complement of 4 dice/character for (usually) not much more $.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.