Subject: Play videos? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Dominguez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
I'm trying to get a grasp on the rules to teach others prior to the impending arrival. I've watch all the videos on BGG but was wondering if anyone has found other instructional videos anywhere? I'd love to see a live play session of a round or two of the game.

Thanks!
JD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
yynderjohn wrote:
I'm trying to get a grasp on the rules to teach others prior to the impending arrival. I've watch all the videos on BGG but was wondering if anyone has found other instructional videos anywhere? I'd love to see a live play session of a round or two of the game.

Thanks!
JD

My video for the rules.
Rahdo's video (which is quite old, but generally still ok) for an actual play through.
Nobody I know has done an actual live playthrough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Dominguez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks Paul. I've watched your videos a few times and they are helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Rhinehart
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Semi-English Nonsense
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that it helps RIGHT NOW, but I plan on producing live plays once the game is in my hot little hands. I'm actually hoping to live stream our entire gloomhaven campaign starting in a couple weeks! PM if you're interested - I don't want to get in trouble for promoting here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
My video for the rules.

URL?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Karrde
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kiloforce wrote:
PaulGrogan wrote:
My video for the rules.

URL?

In the videos section: Campaign Overview, Rules Video
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Ronnyknox wrote:
Not that it helps RIGHT NOW, but I plan on producing live plays once the game is in my hot little hands. I'm actually hoping to live stream our entire gloomhaven campaign starting in a couple weeks! PM if you're interested - I don't want to get in trouble for promoting here.
this would be awesome, but full of spoilers, so you should warn people at the start of the video.
Unlike Pandemic Legacy, I couldn't even watch, for example, up to June.
My advice... At the start of each video, state clearly what scenario number you are playing and the name. Then people will know whether it is safe to watch or not.
And....if you do the city and road events too in the video, that will be massive spoilers for everyone, so I'd definitely not show that. No matter how much further through the campaign we are, if I saw you resolving a road or city event that we hadn't done yet, that would really spoil things.
All of this is the reason why I didn't keep up my campaign diary, which only covers scenario 1. Any more would be too spoilery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Rhinehart
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Semi-English Nonsense
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Ronnyknox wrote:
this would be awesome, but full of spoilers, so you should warn people at the start of the video.
Unlike Pandemic Legacy, I couldn't even watch, for example, up to June.
My advice... At the start of each video, state clearly what scenario number you are playing and the name. Then people will know whether it is safe to watch or not.
And....if you do the city and road events too in the video, that will be massive spoilers for everyone, so I'd definitely not show that. No matter how much further through the campaign we are, if I saw you resolving a road or city event that we hadn't done yet, that would really spoil things.
All of this is the reason why I didn't keep up my campaign diary, which only covers scenario 1. Any more would be too spoilery.

Paul, thanks for the great advice. I am not sure that I can really avoid spoilers on a live stream (I suppose we could do the events off camera), but maybe I will edit down the stream to non-scenario-spoiler-free versions or something, to youtube?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Alexandre
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What you can do on youtube is always say "I'm going to do X, if you want to avoid spoilers, jump to the next segment. I'll start the spoiler in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1" (no need to count slowly). And put an annotation within youtube to jump to the time right after the spoiler. Rahdo made this in its runthrough of Gloomhaven.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.