12 Posts

The Big Book of Madness» Forums » General

Subject: Component count rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronaldo Fatecha
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this has been answered before but a quick search returned nothing.

Just got my copy and when unpacking I noticed that there are 34 madness cards. The rulebook indicates 35. Is this a typo in the book or am I missing a card? How much impact does this missing card can cause? Is it worthy the effort to reach out to the publisher for a replacement?

Not the same issue but related: the turn marker looks nothing like the mage hat in the pictures. It's just a plain cone with an enlarged base. Is that an issue with my copy or just a cost saving measure?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the ways you lose is by running out of madness cards, so yeah it matters.

The round marker should look like a book, not a hat:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
United States
West Burbs
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The extra madness card may not be a big deal, but it would be nice to have a full set of cards to play (in case you play with 5 players).

5 players - 35 madness cards in the deck/game

The round marker (saying which round it is for the current monster) looks like a book, as Susan showed.

There is another marker to show which monster it is (for purposes of placing multi-element curses) and this marker is a small, conical hat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe
United States
Indio
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Associate Marketing Manager
badge
Renegade Game Studios
mbmbmbmbmb
Legonian wrote:
Just got my copy and when unpacking I noticed that there are 34 madness cards. The rulebook indicates 35. Is this a typo in the book or am I missing a card? How much impact does this missing card can cause? Is it worthy the effort to reach out to the publisher for a replacement?

Oh no! Send me a message with your address and I'll send out your missing card!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronaldo Fatecha
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
daloester wrote:
Legonian wrote:

Oh no! Send me a message with your address and I'll send out your missing card!

In what is likely the noobest moment of my life, I found the missing card: it was stuck to another madness card and they separated during play. In my defense 2 people counted the stack 4 times and every time we only found 34 cards. Pretty sure the card is laughing at me right now... Thank you for the quick reply anyway.

As for the marker: I may have used the wrong word. It's not the book that you use to mark the rounds, but the cone that's used to show the number of multi-elemental curses. It's a cone with an enlarged base but don't really look like the wizard's hat displayed in the rulebook (not pointy for example). I'll take a picture for comparison when I get back home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Merritt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The card was just trying to spread the madness to you. Good thing you resisted it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Kelso
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legonian wrote:

As for the marker: I may have used the wrong word. It's not the book that you use to mark the rounds, but the cone that's used to show the number of multi-elemental curses. It's a cone with an enlarged base but don't really look like the wizard's hat displayed in the rulebook (not pointy for example). I'll take a picture for comparison when I get back home.

Yeah, that's the hat. I know what you mean - when I opened up my copy, I wasn't sure what it was until I began reading the instructions. But that's the wizard's hat, and it works for what it needs to do. Personally, I think it's fine, but since it just indicates how much trouble you're going to get into every round, it's somewhat fitting if it disappoints you a little to look at it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronaldo Fatecha
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ckruns624 wrote:
Yeah, that's the hat. I know what you mean - when I opened up my copy, I wasn't sure what it was until I began reading the instructions. But that's the wizard's hat, and it works for what it needs to do. Personally, I think it's fine, but since it just indicates how much trouble you're going to get into every round, it's somewhat fitting if it disappoints you a little to look at it.

Well, my wife has gone on record saying there is nothing wrong with the hat . So I´m clearly mad AND wrong
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Merritt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh no! The "missing" Madness card did have an effect!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legonian wrote:
Well, my wife has gone on record saying there is nothing wrong with the hat . So I´m clearly mad AND wrong

Umm, it's your wife. Of course you're wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Kelso
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legonian wrote:

Nothing left to do now but pretend to try and wear it on your head the next time you guys sit down to play. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronaldo Fatecha
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ckruns624 wrote:
Legonian wrote:

Nothing left to do now but pretend to try and wear it on your head the next time you guys sit down to play. cool

rofl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.