7 Posts

Beds & Bucks Gamers» Forums » General

Subject: What are the sessions like ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Medany
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I'm only up the road and having spent the Weekend at Handycon I'm inspired to come down ..

How do the sessions run ? Numbers ? Make up of people ?

Just wondering how easy to get in on a game ...

G
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Tyson
United Kingdom
Toddington
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi John, I believe I added you to the Facebook page earlier today

I can only speak for Leighton Buzzard, which is mainly organised through FB these days.

The Aylesbury group, which I have not been to for a long while now tend to use BGG more I believe, and doubtless one of them will be along soon to give info about themselves.

Leighton Buzzard meetings normally have between 15-20 people in attendance - a mix of ages, men and women plus some youngsters.

Games are occasionally sorted in advance, but that's not how it usually happens - People arrive at 10am, get a drink, and then sort themselves into games. If you arrive at 10 or thereabouts getting into a game won't be a problem. Arriving later can cause issues, depending on the games initially chosen by folks.

Hope this helps, if not please message me.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Olney
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi John

Things officially kick off at 7 on a Wednesday and you will always get in on a game. People are often there from half five for takeaways chat and filler games.

Typically it seems to average about fifteen people. From their twenties right up to fifties I guess. Not naming names in case I get lynched!

It's predominantly male but it really is a very good mix of friendly people.

You can safely expect to get at least three hours of play in and probably a couple of different games unless it's something epic.

Cheers
James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric N
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi John,

I was at HandyCon too, as were Luke and Sarah who also come to Aylesbury. Sessions officially start at 7pm but we have keys and the hall is available earlier, so generally someone opens up at 5:30pm. We post here on BGG about who has keys, opening time, possible games to bring/play - this week's is here:

Wednesday 25th January

We now have a little under 20 people who turn up with varying degrees of regularity. You'd be very welcome if you decided to pop in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Medany
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks - I'll see how it goes - if not this week then next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Medany
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Should be there tomorrow. (1st)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric N
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Look forward to seeing you there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.