Popular Tags: [View All]
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I just stumbled on this campaign and checked out the videos released today covering gameplay. I am intrigued and interested in backing.

I noticed that the last 10 days of the campaign have been up and down in terms of number of backers. Overall, the number is positive (up 18), but definitely experiencing some negative days. What seems to be the reason(s) folks are dropping? Might it be a lack of gameplay videos (until today)?

Also ...

I did not back LOAD - I had no interest in it. The miniatures in VoW are the same unicast, however, so I wonder what folks that have received LOAD and might be backing VoW think of the miniatures. For instance, how are they to paint? What's the plastic like (what's similar on the market)? They look fantastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VIN 666
msg tools
mb
Pure speculation here, but I suspect that there are some trolls involved in some of those dropping numbers...

Keep in mind, that the game is 500+ % funded, which is spectacular.
People tend to forget that a project is a success if it hits 100%

As far as the minis go, I don't own any, but when I researched over in the LOAD forum prior to pledging VoW, the feedback was very positive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skolo
Netherlands
R`dam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
miniatures are of amazing quality and its a blast to paint

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Filiatrault
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm one of these people. I eagerly pledge in the first day and then removed my pledge for different reasons.

1st reason it seemed was that the cost vs not having gameplay review (Which we have now since yesterday) and that they reused a lot of crossover miniatures (People were not feeling as having new goodies, I guess)

For me, here's my reasons:

- since I'm from Canada, I had to go to EPIC because of the shipping included. There's so many add-ons SG that shipping cost would be an abomination (Got it? abomination? ). So, currency wise, it's 300$ CAD, no review, no gameplay review;

- Also, I did not like the Candy Cola (does not feel right with the theme). I don't know the other games from where the crossovers come (and I don't care);

- In the darkness (or madness) add-ons, they added more werewolves as minions. So 30$ add-on, it pissed off a lot of people *BUT* VoW people were quick to fix it and removed the werewolves and added new minions scultures (Good move!);

Now, that being said, after listening the gameplay review today (1 hour 26 minutes marathon), I'm proud to say that I'm 100% back into pledging EPIC level!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett MacDonald
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VIN666 wrote:
Pure speculation here, but I suspect that there are some trolls involved in some of those dropping numbers...

Keep in mind, that the game is 500+ % funded, which is spectacular.
People tend to forget that a project is a success if it hits 100%

As far as the minis go, I don't own any, but when I researched over in the LOAD forum prior to pledging VoW, the feedback was very positive.

I am curious why you think it is trolls? I have not seen any evidence of that (or even much negativity or Prodos junk). Middle of campaigns are always slow and also videos/playthrus will often result in some people realizing this is a game for them and also the opposite. The effects of the opposite is often more pronounced as they will happen sooner (backers are more in the loop) but overall they always help a project (esp last 48 hour surge)... just some dips are to be expected.

As for minis... read up in LOAD for more (I have unicast coming my way in demigods rising so I have been reading up on it a lot). It seems quality control was a little spotty so some people got more fragile minis... and some broken minis in shipping... but Archon has been very good about replacements so I would not worry. Detail is great and unicast seems to be a happy median between resin and plastic. One common complaint is it comes with some dust like residue on it so you might need to wash them... but that is not exactly a big deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VIN 666
msg tools
mb
You did notice the "pure speculation" part, right?

It's just a suspicion I had, due to all the negative crap on BGG and some of it seemingly leaking into the comments on the KS.
This isn't exactly my first campaign I'm backing and so far I haven't seen one be this erratic.
I could be wrong and I hope I am, but either way, there is no way this won't be a success, because how can things go wrong with 500+% before the 48h rush?!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos D
Taiwan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

VIN666 wrote:

It's just a suspicion I had, due to all the negative crap on BGG and some of it seemingly leaking into the comments on the KS.
This isn't exactly my first campaign I'm backing and so far I haven't seen one be this erratic.
I could be wrong and I hope I am, but either way, there is no way this won't be a success, because how can things go wrong with 500+% before the 48h rush?!?

I am a geek so, I enjoy following campaigns on my spare time
and I do have compelling evidence that individuals are trolling the campaign with their pledges. A few days back the pledge amount raised by 3K in a time frame of 5 minutes and the number of pledges increased by 2. I went to further investigate if 20+ people moved from regular to EPIC. They did not there were only 2 more regular pledges. That means that two guys pledged for 3K and that was before funds started going down. Anyways, I suppose prefer that to the crap we had to withstand in the comments section during LOAD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VIN 666
msg tools
mb
I figured as much.
And to be honest, I think there are around 30-50 trolls doing their thing.
But as I stated, it won't matter, the campaign is a raging success even with people being d-bags.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
VIN666 wrote:

Rather than speculate (and calling others names), a KS backer should do research.

I mean, go look at KickTraq's Daily Data for various boardgames:
Vanguard: http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1915792245/vanguard-of-war-...
WarQuest: http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1794227864/warquest-5th-pla...
Myth: Dark Frontier: http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/megacongames/myth-dark-fron...
Day Night Z: http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1170305761/day-night-z/#cha...
Medioevo Universalis; http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/166119889/medioevo-universa...
Moloch: http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/coolminiornot/the-world-of-...

Medioevo Universalis, Day Night Z, and Rise of Moloch seem to be doing better. (I think MU recently put up its English rules translation.)

Some more opinions about the LOAD miniatures on Dakka, although they also discuss Prodos / Archon here: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/713824.page

As for troll pledging, I don't condone with that, either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VIN 666
msg tools
mb
I must have plugged a nerve...
Care to point out where said name calling may have taken place on the forum?
Because after decades of forum use, I have learned to leave the velvet gloves on as much as possible.

That said, I do use kicktraq, thank you very much, and what I have observed has raised some eyebrows.
Along the lines of what Carlos has mentioned above.

I have gathered enough information to know that you are "on a mission" to inform the whole world of the evil Polish gaming mafia empire that stands behind LOAD and VoW, but honestly - no one cares

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks for all the responses. Not sure if TD is something I am going to enjoy. I see they released this on TTS and I will check it out in the virtual world sometime before the end of the campaign so I can see how it plays. I watched both the BoW tier1 playthrough as well as UndeadViking's commentary.

When looking on Kicktraq it struck me as somewhat odd to see several negative days from a backer perspective (I know, all campaigns experience a mid campaign lull). That's where I got my 18 total over the past 10 days. I couldn't see anything strange in the KS comments and therefore why I asked here.

I am definitely familiar with the whole "evil Polish company drama" - I thought the BoW perspective on that whole issue was refreshing.

Anyway, thanks for everyone's perspective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VIN 666
msg tools
mb
A new cross-over LOAD hero just got tossed in!

And a new SG was revealed. A wicked bad looking werewolf with twin mini guns LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
VIN666 wrote:

And a new SG was revealed. A wicked bad looking werewolf with twin mini guns LOL

I'll have to check it out - thanks. I did play a little bit on Table Top Simulator. That board is really busy looking ... almost too busy and distracting. I've seen other comments on KS regarding this and I have to agree this detracted from the experience after about 10 minutes.

Admittedly I have never played a TD game, and I only played tier1 for about half the deck, but I just didn't have as much fun as I thought. Granted it was solo and on a virtual table - I'm just giving this a second thought at this point.

Again, thanks for everyone's opinions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
VIN666 wrote:
Care to point out where said name calling may have taken place on the forum?

If you want, I can point this out to the moderators and let them make the decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett MacDonald
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mistermannindy wrote:
VIN666 wrote:

I'll have to check it out - thanks. I did play a little bit on Table Top Simulator. That board is really busy looking ... almost too busy and distracting. I've seen other comments on KS regarding this and I have to agree this detracted from the experience after about 10 minutes.

Admittedly I have never played a TD game, and I only played tier1 for about half the deck, but I just didn't have as much fun as I thought. Granted it was solo and on a virtual table - I'm just giving this a second thought at this point.

Again, thanks for everyone's opinions.

Happy to help. While this is just personal opinion... I don't think real life vs TTS is a big divide. The game won't suddenly be more fun. It will just have the wow factor of the minis. So if the game didn't strike a chord with you I bet you will be better off spending the $100 on a couple of the top rated games here on BGG that you do not own. Give it some time though and maybe play a second game if you want. $100 is a lot of money after all and even if this game is great it certainly won't be for everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.