Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there --

I like both games, but do feel that OS is a tighter experience overall. My main issue with Zulus is the great variability in play experiences. I've had games that were devoid of much tension and too easy, as well as games where I lost a few turns in. That's using the basic deck.

I do think the game is better with the whole deck. The experience is more consistent -- consistently difficult that is. It adds a goodly amount of challenge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like Zulus...but play OS and HE more....why? Because I can occasionally win one whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You started with a really good one. OS is still probably my favorite SoS. Hapsburg Eclipse is really good too, but I still prefer OS slightly.

Winning 1 in 10 sounds about right to me as far as OS goes. I have yet to win a game of Zulus using the full deck -- it's really hard. GIve it a try with all the cards and let us know if you like it any better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Try Hapsburg Eclipse too...it can link with Ottoman Sunset. Zulus is a big favorite of mine but HE had been gaining.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.