Nathan Surgenor
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

Just wondering if someone could recommend some sleeves available in Standard USA size? I bought some May Day standards but they felt awful and their premium sleeves are a bit thick for my liking.

For comparison, I love KMC Perfect Fits for standard card sizes

Many thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin R
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been using FFG sleeves exclusively for the last couple of years...MayDay sleeves were too inconsistent pack to pack, and shuffling differently-sized sleeves drives me crazy.

Only issue with FFG is the buffer space at the top (the opening) of the sleeve is a good 2mm+ above the inserted card. So a close-fitting storage solution for the naked cards could be unworkable once the cards are sleeved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard good things about FFG sleeves. However, all of their sleeves are "premium" thickness, so those may not work out if May Day premiums were too thick.

Did you try penny sleeves?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't mind the mostly unnoticeable hologram, UltraPro board game sleeves are nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Kmak
United States
Parrish
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have used Ultra Pro sleeves for over 15 years. Their quality, toughness and consistently has kept me an Ultra Pro user - for several years now exclusively.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Go with the games plus brand that miniature market sells.

They are thinner than mayday premiums but still nice sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Herrera
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My go to brand of standard sleeves is Dragon Shield (Clear) - they are my personal favorite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
johnhe0414 wrote:
My go to brand of standard sleeves is Dragon Shield (Clear) - they are my personal favorite.

They are but they are also extremely thick.

Ultra Pro standard is probably the OP's best bet. If the holo-foil bothers you (and it can become a nuisance on Sentinels of the Multiverse for instance) put it on the back of the card...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to try Swan Panasia sleeves. They also have normal/premium versions and are really great sleeves and a lot cheaper than all other brands (besides the cheap Mayday)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Surgenor
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Locu wrote:
You might want to try Swan Panasia sleeves. They also have normal/premium versions and are really great sleeves and a lot cheaper than all other brands (besides the cheap Mayday)

Thanks everyone for the help. I think I'm gonna try these as I bought some for 7 Wonders and liked the feel and quality
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
johnhe0414 wrote:

They are but they are also extremely thick.

Ultra Pro standard is probably the OP's best bet. If the holo-foil bothers you (and it can become a nuisance on Sentinels of the Multiverse for instance) put it on the back of the card...

Ultra Pros are also extra thick.

I love the KMC Perfect Fits for the size they come in. Swan Panasia or Ultimate Guard are close equivalents in USA Standard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dano Fish
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
Go with the games plus brand that miniature market sells.

They are thinner than mayday premiums but still nice sleeves.

Agreed, picked up a bunch of these at clearance prices. Was a bit nervous that they'd be poor quality since I dont find them listed on the Card Sleeve Sizes geeklist AND they were on clearance, but when they arrived I was really pleased with the quality and fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.