9 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rougarou Movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
How exactly does the Rougarou's movement work?

'On the Prowl' reads: 'Find a non-Bayou location with the fewest clues on it. Move the Rougarou (one location at a time) until it enters that location'.

If there are multiple non-Bayou spaces with the same number of clues (ie the 1st time we drew the card there wasn't a single location with a clue) do we choose which one it moves to? That was our best guess and is what we did but it didn't seem right. Of course, we chose to move it close to us, even directly onto a Location with an investigator. Given we are supposed to be hunting it and it seems designed to be elusive this seemed wrong.

Nothing on the card states we cannot move it onto a location with an investigator.

Also, are we supposed to acquire Lady Esprit in some way? Or is her Action ability accessible just from the Location she is at?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I imagine aquiring Lady Esprit has something to do with one of the resolutions, but I haven't managed it yet. But yeah, put that monster where you want! I'm sure they'll be ever so thankful when someone draws On the Prowl (or whatever that card is called)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon George
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, you choose how to move it. Your options narrow down as clues fall all over the map though.

You can use Lady Esprit's ability when you're at her location. There isn't a way to take control of her during the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pittman
msg tools
mbmbmb
A related question is would the Rougarou travel the shortest distance using the most efficient route?

Thematically and in line with the Grim Rule, the answer feels like it should be 'yes', but the card doesn't specify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon George
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DreadFool wrote:
A related question is would the Rougarou travel the shortest distance using the most efficient route?

Thematically and in line with the Grim Rule, the answer feels like it should be 'yes', but the card doesn't specify.

It's annoying that it doesn't specify, but I've played that it must be the shortest route too. The alternative, which would be that you can have it wander through every location on the map every time it moves, can't possibly be the intent IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oda
msg tools
But if it were me, I'd really wanna be, a giant woman.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's another one -- when drawing "On the Prowl" and the Rougarou is already at a location that satisfies the requirement -- does it move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
You're instructed to move the Rougarou until it enters the valid location. You gotta do that. But its current location can certainly satisfy the requirements when finding one. In such a situation, you'd move the Rougarou until it enters its current location. So, out and back in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Burns
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Noaloha wrote:
You're instructed to move the Rougarou until it enters the valid location. You gotta do that. But its current location can certainly satisfy the requirements when finding one. In such a situation, you'd move the Rougarou until it enters its current location. So, out and back in.

Makes sense. I guess the point is to make it poop clues behind it so that investigators have plenty to pick up and pay to engage. Otherwise, you could run out, I guess.

Anyway, out and back in would fulfil that need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oda
msg tools
But if it were me, I'd really wanna be, a giant woman.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AndyWBurns wrote:
Noaloha wrote:

Makes sense. I guess the point is to make it poop clues behind it so that investigators have plenty to pick up and pay to engage. Otherwise, you could run out, I guess.

Anyway, out and back in would fulfil that need.

Yeah, either option (moving or not moving) would have potential benefits or drawbacks for the player, but I think moving probably makes the most sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.