Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle» Forums » Variants

Subject: Ideas for Future Hogwarts Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Cabe
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
If any expansions end up being released, what Hogwarts cards would you like to see added to the game? Here are a few of my suggestions:

Spells
Priori Incantato (Game 4, 4 influence) - Search your discard pile for a spell and put it in your hand (basically Accio for spells)

Geminio (Doubling Spell) (Game 7, 5 influence) - Choose an item played and copy its effects (Polyjuice Potion for items)

Salvio Hexia (Game 7, 5 influence) - All heroes gain 2 life

Items
Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder (Game 6, 5 influence) - Draw a Card; as long as this is in your hand, lose no more than 3 life total from Dark Arts events and villain abilities

Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone (Game 1, 7 influence) - Gain 3 Influence; as long as this is in your hand, you are immune to the effects of being stunned (return to 10 life at end of turn, but you don't lose tokens, discard cards, or add location tokens)

Allies
Buckbeak (Game 3, 6 influence) - Gain 2 Attack OR search your discard pile for an ally and put it in your hand

Kreacher (Game 5, 3 influence) - Draw a card, then discard a card; if you discard an item, draw a card.

I'll post more if I think of any.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will personally refrain from any speculation.

The producers are active on this site in helping with questions and clarifications.

Anything posted here that a representative sees could conceivably have to be thrown out of any possible expansions or promotional cards in the future. Otherwise another person could claim theft of ideas or something. By not posting possible new cards, we prevent putting the producer in any kind of a quandry.

If the game goes for years without support or updates -- that's the time to start making fan-expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
I will personally refrain from any speculation.

The producers are active on this site in helping with questions and clarifications.

Anything posted here that a representative sees could conceivably have to be thrown out of any possible expansions or promotional cards in the future. Otherwise another person could claim theft of ideas or something. By not posting possible new cards, we prevent putting the producer in any kind of a quandry.

If the game goes for years without support or updates -- that's the time to start making fan-expansions.

That's not entirely true.

I realize they're different companies/IPs, but check out the Marvel Legendary forums here on BGG. Upper Deck is very active on the forums, and there is a custom card directory with over 1000 different entries (Heroes, Villains, Masterminds, Schemes, Campaigns, etc) made by BGG users. Upper Deck knows about it and encourages users to make custom cards. A lot of custom heroes eventually find their way to retail expansions, although obviously they have new art and new mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
Upper Deck knows about it and encourages users to make custom cards. A lot of custom heroes eventually find their way to retail expansions, although obviously they have new art and new mechanics.

Until USAOpoly encourages users to make custom cards, I feel it is better to err on the side of caution.

We don't know their licensing agreements or their protocols.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Austin
msg tools
I really like the Philosophers Stone card idea.

I DO NOT OWN NOR WANT THE RIGHTS TO THESE:

Mokeskin Pouch | Item | Cost: 4
Gain 2 influence or 1 attack.
At the end of the players turn, any unused attack or influence tokens may remain on player mat.

Collin Kreevy | Ally | Cost: 3
Gain 1 health. If discarded, gain 1 attack and 1 influence.

Legilemence | Spell | Cost: 6
Look at the top 5 DA cards. Discard any one and return the other four in any order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want Luna and Ginny as playable characters. Any expansion without this will be incredibly disappointing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Burke
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Decoy Detonators - Item - (Game 5, 3 Influence) Draw a card or Only take 1/2 damage from a Villain or Dark arts event.

Pumpkin Juice - Item - (Game 1, 2 Influence) Gain 1 health

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Burke
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
These are not my original ideas nor do I hold any type of ownership for the following information.
Just my thoughts on how they could be added into the game if someone were to want to do so.

Name Cost Book Description
Mini Villains:
Troll - 1 Health 3. If player has WinLev in hand auto defeat.
Lose 1 health and 1 coin
Fluffy - 1 Health 4. If player has music in hand auto defeat.
Lose 2 health and 1 attack
Pixies - 2 Health 3. If player has Lockhart in hand discard.
Lose 1 health and discard an additional card.
Boggart - 3 Health ?. If player has Lupin in hand auto defeat.
Has half health of first position Villain. Mimic power.
Dragon - 4 Health 5. If player has Firebolt or Nimbus in hand auto defeat.
Lose 3 health and next turn.
Blast-ended Skrewts - 4 Health 4. If player has Krum in hand auto defeat.
Lose 2 health and 2 coin
Sphinx - 4 Health 3. If player has Fleur in hand auto defeat.
Lose 1 health and Roll Ravenclaw die – lose what is rolled
Giant - 5 Health 5. If player has Hagrid or Grawp auto defeat.
Lose 3 health and roll Slytherin die – lose 2X roll.
Grindilow - 3 Health 3. If player has Diggory in hand auto defeat.
Lose 1 health and discard an Ally.

Mini-Villains would be the same size and back as the Hogwarts deck and get added to it during the appropriate year. When they are drawn they immediately come into play and are placed on the board. A new card is then drawn to replace the Hogwarts card in the store. Auto defeat indicates that the Hero immediately defeats the Mini-Villain without the negative effect.
I have not included a reward for their defeat, Maybe just draw a card or a lower cost on the Hero's next purchase.

New ally cards:
BuckBeak 5 3 Gain 2 Attack Draw a card

Niffler 3 3 Gain 3 Coin or All Heros Gain 1 Coin

Thestral 4 5 Gain 1 Attack and 1 Health

Botruckle 2 3 Gain 1 Attack or Gain 2 Attack if Wood Lice in hand

Grawp 6 5 Gain 2 Attack or Gain 3 Attack if Hagrid in hand

Mermaid 4 4 Gain 1 Attack 1 Coin or If another champion is in hand Gain 2 Attack or 2 Coin.

Kreacher 4 4 Draw a card then discard a card. If you Discard an Item Draw another card.

Items:

Unicorn hair 6 1 Gain 2 health and Search discard pile for item.

Phoenix Tears 5 2 Gain 3 health Each hero gains 1 Coin

Wood Lice 2 3 Gain 1 Coin or 2 Coins if Elder Wand owned by a Hero

Flute 2 1 Gain 1 Coin If Hagrid is in hand draw a card

Mokeskin Pouch 4 5 Gain 2 Coin At the end of the turn keep any unused Coin and Attack

Peruvian IDP 5 5 Villains abilities do not trigger for the next 2 Hero turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Burke
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
This did not cut and paste over well.
The information with each Mini-Villain is their card info.

Troll - 1 Health 3. If player has WinLev in hand auto defeat.
Lose 1 health and 1 coin

Name Troll
Cost - (No cost)
Book 1
Health 3
If the player (Current Hero) has Wingardium Leviosa in hand they automatically defeat the Mini-Villain.
Negative effects Lose 1 health and 1 influence (coin)

Hope this helps clear up any confusion before it starts.

I think that the Mini-Villains should be one hand cards. (Resolve and then discard like the regular Villains regardless of the outcome.
Also I think that the reward should be that the Hero draws a card if they defeat the Mini-Villain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rambo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
A year has passed since anyone commented... but that didn't stop me from mocking these up.

Credit goes to Wilshire1701, TsionBenJudah1, and Panzershriek for their ideas.

Spells:

Peruvian Instant Darkness Powders:

Unicorn Hair:

Phoenix Tears:

Wood Lice:

Flute:

Moleskin Pouch:

Philosopher's/Sorceror's Stone:

Pumpkin Juice:

Decoy Detonators:

Buckbeak:

Kreacher:

Colin Creevey:

Niffler:

Thestral:

Bowtruckle:

Grawp:

Mermaid:

Mini-Villains:

Card Back:

These cards are designed as part of a fan-based project and no profit will be gained by anyone involved in the design of these elements.
HARRY POTTER HOGWARTS BATTLE was designed and developed by USAopoly.
USAopoly is a trademark of Usaopoly, Inc. Invented and licensed by Forrest-Pruzan Creative.
HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of © and ™ Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
Harry Potter Publishing Rights © JKR. (s16)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Pickel

Dubuque
Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are pretty cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.