2 Posts

Jutaku» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rule clarification: Site card sides rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Yank
Australia
flag msg tools
The rulebook does not mention the two sides on each site card. The official play through video mentions they are double-sided, but not how this is used in the game. There was an update on the Kickstarter mentioning that the two sides are for two difficulty levels.

Should the game be played with all cards showing the same coloured side? Should they be randomised? Or are players free to select a side before or after choosing their site card?

Given the risk/reward inherent in choosing sites is so core to this game, I'm surprised this isn't mentioned in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Draper
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kevinyank wrote:
The rulebook does not mention the two sides on each site card. The official play through video mentions they are double-sided, but not how this is used in the game. There was an update on the Kickstarter mentioning that the two sides are for two difficulty levels.

Should the game be played with all cards showing the same coloured side? Should they be randomised? Or are players free to select a side before or after choosing their site card?

Given the risk/reward inherent in choosing sites is so core to this game, I'm surprised this isn't mentioned in the rules.

I would suggest playing with all on the same side, this isn't mentioned in the rules because it is a personal preference, but the blue gridded side of the cards are MUCH easier than the white sides.

If one player is a lot better than the other players, you can also mix the cards and make a rule that the advanced players who usually win cannot attempt any blue cards.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.