Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
badge
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have always played this as the Automa (Autometta) skips it's turn, gains nothing and if there is a Star on the turn I have advanced the Star Tracker as normal.

However, the Online Simulator (http://ai.nagy.tech/scythe/) appears not to advance the Star Tracker, so my question is: Have I been playing it wrong, or is the Tracker advancement step missing from the Simulator?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Wrong One wrote:
I have always played this as the Automa (Autometta) skips it's turn, gains nothing and if there is a Star on the turn I have advanced the Star Tracker as normal.

However, the Online Simulator (http://ai.nagy.tech/scythe/) appears not to advance the Star Tracker, so my question is: Have I been playing it wrong, or is the Tracker advancement step missing from the Simulator?

Autometta skips the entire turn, so the Star Tracker should not be advanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
badge
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Morten. I appreciate your quick reply - I was misinterpreting the rules regarding the number of Automa cards with Stars on having to match the position of the Star Tracker marker.

It makes more sense to me now, and perhaps, with a few more "free" turns I might be able to stand a better chance of winning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Wrong One wrote:
Thank you Morten. I appreciate your quick reply

We aim to please .

The Wrong One wrote:
I was misinterpreting the rules regarding the number of Automa cards with Stars on having to match the position of the Star Tracker marker.

That's a good point, we should have added a note about counting the number of cards with stars, when using Autometta.

The Wrong One wrote:
It makes more sense to me now, and perhaps, with a few more "free" turns I might be able to stand a better chance of winning.

Yeah, that should help a lot. Even a few extra turns makes a big difference, because your engine should have become very efficient by the end of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.