3 Posts

Takenoko» Forums » General

Subject: Help! Card Size rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Albion Ong
Philippines
flag msg tools
Need to know what card size sleeves I should get.

I just recently got hold of the game here in the Philippines (which is crazy difficult to do). Just want to prepare for a game night.

Can anyone help me out with the sleeves? Also, should I get thicker ones or jist the regular thickness kind.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Montoya
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards in Takenoko are all 44mmx64mm, that's known as "Mini Euro" size, so you can buy any type of sleeve that has that label, no matter the brand.

Most sleeves labeled as Mini Euro are actually a bit larger than it's needed for the cards (2 to 3 extra mm on both sides), because you don't want to damage or bend the cards by forcing them into a very tight sleeve and some games cut their cards a milimiter or two larger than the "standard", although some brands have the option to get closer-fitting sleeves labeled as "pro-fit" or something similar if you're bothered by a little extra plastic on the sides.

Cards in Takenoko remain for a while on your hand but you don't have to shuffle them or move them at all, and after you score them they remain face-up on the table, so they don't take a lot of stress. You'll be fine with non-premium sleeves if you can only get the regular (penny sleeve) type.

For details on the right size (and amount) of sleeves you need for almost any game from the many different brands available, go to https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/164572/item/2924660#item2... Consider bookmarking that whole thread for future reference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albion Ong
Philippines
flag msg tools
Thank you so much for the help! Really appreciate it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.