Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Tucknott
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a friend who I play Netrunner with exclusively over Skype with webcams. We each have a camera pointing straight down at our desks to show our play areas and it works very well.

We were thinking of giving Arkham Horror a try because of all the praise it's received, but I don't know how well it would work as I'm not too familiar with the game.

Netrunner works because each player's cards and setup doesn't physically interact with the other player's setup and there's no 'shared deck' or 'shared play area'.

Would Arkham Horror work or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of you will have to handle all of the enemy stuff and the maps and the agendas. While there are interactions within the game between cards, you can keep track of the interactions by yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played last night via Google+ Hangouts, with buddies in the US.

As said in post above, one person has to manage all the scenario stuff, and each player handles their own deck. I also like to mirror most scenario stuff my end as well, but that's not necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Marino
United States
Windsor
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Great Googly Moogly!
badge
That's the sealiest thing I've ever heard!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend the mirroring, but if you have the camera trained on the board state, you don't need a copy of it. Keep in mind the mirroring of the board could get complex when you, for instance, have a few different versions of Woods locations to randomly put out. It might be more effort than it's worth when adjusting your game to match the correct one. Your player hand and deck can function largely independently though, just not as seamlessly as Netrunner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.