Subject: Mexico not rolling over just yet rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/25/politics/trump-mexico-visiting...

Hmm, seems that Mexico doesn't want to pay for that Trump Wall. Trump probably has the upper hand in cards to play, Mexico's economy to some degree lives or dies with ours, but the article does demonstrate that is not strictly a one way street. And Mexico is not coming to the table, with a rollover attitude. Maybe it won't be as easy as Trump made it sound on the campaign trail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/25/politics/trump-mexico-visiting...

Hmm, seems that Mexico doesn't want to pay for that Trump Wall. Trump probably has the upper hand in cards to play, Mexico's economy to some degree lives or dies with ours, but the article does demonstrate that is not strictly a one way street. And Mexico is not coming to the table, with a rollover attitude. Maybe it won't be as easy as Trump made it sound on the campaign trail.

Thanks to Trump's campaign it would be political suicide for any Mexican Party to cooperate, much less roll over for The Donald in paying for that wall. Its a stupid project to begin with so they are actually doing us a favor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see how the fact that Mexico actually pays for it or not matters.

Does anyone actually believe that once the wall is completed that he won't claim Mexico paid for it, one way or another?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:

Does anyone actually believe that once the wall is completed that he won't claim Mexico paid for it, one way or another?

You're right. I forgot how "alt-facts" works for this administration

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickie Crickets
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:

"Some American taxpayers are of Mexican heritage, so Mexico DID pay for the wall, from a certain point of view."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
CNN article wrote:
Another Mexican diplomat said, "We are coming to defend 25 years of unprecedented levels of cooperation. There is a lot of anger that we have become this punching bag and because of the lack of context in portraying Mexicans through one negative lens."

Can't say I blame 'em.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickie Crickets
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
CNN article wrote:
Another Mexican diplomat said, "We are coming to defend 25 years of unprecedented levels of cooperation. There is a lot of anger that we have become this punching bag and because of the lack of context in portraying Mexicans through one negative lens."

Can't say I blame 'em.

The E.U. often suffers the same fate. It's a convenient scapegoat for when domestic politicians want to pass the buck for their failures. "Well, we'd all be drowning in gold and Kate Upton clones if they'd just let us, but you know, that mean ol' E.U. keeps cock-blocking us. Whatcha gonna do." Then they clutch their pearls and wonder why people voted for Brexit.

Rhetoric can have dangerous consequences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
CNN article wrote:

Can't say I blame 'em.

That lens has been held up by the Tea Party, "Patriot" groups, border "Patriot" groups for so long now, I'm surprised their hands haven't atrophied into place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eaglebeak wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
CNN article wrote:

Can't say I blame 'em.

The E.U. often suffers the same fate. It's a convenient scapegoat for when domestic politicians want to pass the buck for their failures. "Well, we'd all be drowning in gold and Kate Upton clones if they'd just let us, but you know, that mean ol' E.U. keeps cock-blocking us. Whatcha gonna do." Then they clutch their pearls and wonder why people voted for Brexit.

Rhetoric can have dangerous consequences.

The pursuit of Kate Upton would be a cause to which I would gladly sacrifice my morals, logic, and intellect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.