5 Posts

Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu» Forums » Rules

Subject: Magician Question (New player) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick
Philippines
flag msg tools
Hi, we've played the game for 4-5 times, but one thing that confuses me is the Magician skill. Now, I'm in the office right now, so I don't know the exact text written in the card, but as far as my understanding goes, at the start of the game you get 1 relic card immediately. Now my question is, do you get it from the relic pile (the one out of the game), or do you get it from another player? Also can you choose a relic card?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thetelecaster23 wrote:
Hi, we've played the game for 4-5 times, but one thing that confuses me is the Magician skill. Now, I'm in the office right now, so I don't know the exact text written in the card, but as far as my understanding goes, at the start of the game you get 1 relic card immediately. Now my question is, do you get it from the relic pile (the one out of the game), or do you get it from another player? Also can you choose a relic card?

Thanks in advance!

You get it from the relic pile as stated on the back page of the rules.

Edit:the back page says you draw it so you don't get to choose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
Philippines
flag msg tools
Thank you for this! I may have overlooked that part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlene Thornstrom
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To add to that, the relic pile isn't "out of the game". You draw a relic every time you defeat a shoggoth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Darrin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tikatoy wrote:
To add to that, the relic pile isn't "out of the game". You draw a relic every time you defeat a shoggoth.

Yeah, I made this mistake the first time I played. I thought the unused Relics not initially shuffled in with the clue cards were out of the game. I just figured drawing a relic meant drawing from the clue pile. I think I was assuming the generic name for the player cards was Relic cards. Oh well...lesson learned. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.