Subject: Text on tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mattia Angelini
Italy
Passo Corese
Rieti
flag msg tools
Hello, I'd like to know if text is present only on milestone tiles or also on tiles that you draft, and if there are enough icons to understand their effect once explained, without reading the relative text again (I'm planning to play it mainly with non-gamers with low or no knowledge of English, i.e. my family).
Thank you for your replies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Miłuński
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Matia. Thanks for your question. Except milestones there are 14 tiles in the game with some text on. So I guess for people who does not speak english at all it would be playable only if you make some kind of player aid for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattia Angelini
Italy
Passo Corese
Rieti
flag msg tools
Thank you Filip. Could you tell me if you're planning to release the game outside Poland and translate it into Italian? The language barrier here in Italy is pretty strong unfortunately.
Thanks again for your reply. I'm really looking forward to play your game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
Let's just play everything always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just get the polish version. The text on the English version of the buildings is in some cases so wrong that you need a cheat sheet anyway, and if you know ahead of time you have to look everything up, it'll make it easier for you.

For example, there's a building that says it gives points for the #of tiles in your park, but when you check the tile glossary, it says that it only counts park tiles in a straight line.

This is information that the player will have missed during the draft of tiles, if they didn't know to look it up in the back of the book before making their selection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.