Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they do something. The game should be an instant-back for me;

-Sadler design
-Amazing art direction
-Reuse my existing Myth minis
-Possible Dredge module (I already paid $$$ for the minis)
-Stained glass windows and a rare nod to the church

So again, I hope they do something.

EDIT: typo, sorry Brady!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han Solo
msg tools
js379 wrote:
How MCG feels when their loyal supporters are people like this.

Jetewabbie 7 minutes ago
My guess is a large majority of people who dropped are Myth players that are upset with the SG's and are just using this as a way to go to their room stomping their feet. This game looks awesome, I bet the come back in at the end. If they don't come back, at least we don't have to listen to them in the comments for the next 6 months.

I mean, surely, it has to give them some pause right?

Every company has fans that aren't quite right if you know what I mean...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Webb
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the purpose to this thread?

I can point out the extreme detractors comments, but what purpose does that serve?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All Kickstarters have rabid fans who seem to go out of their way to make the detractors look rational. Let's not call them out by name and dog on specific ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Webb
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
js379 wrote:
I'm just... really tired of seeing hateful things like that on the internet all the time and I was hoping someone might be able to to explain it in a way that would help me feel better... I should have known better than to look for any kind of kindness or sympathy here though.

I get that, but you are also only pointing out 1 side of the "hateful" arguments. There are irrational people on both sides. By pointing out 1 side you are essentially asking for more conflict.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
js379 wrote:
I'm just... really tired of seeing hateful things like that on the internet all the time and I was hoping someone might be able to to explain it in a way that would help me feel better... I should have known better than to look for any kind of kindness or sympathy here though.

No! I do totally sympathize with you! That's why I went on my whole "Supporters should go make positive threads instead of participating in flame wars" campaign yesterday. I was trying to get everyone to stop being jerks to each other. It lasted about a day, but I think it might have made a small impact...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason the Internet is full of crap and anonymity affords poor behaviour that would be otherwise socially and perhaps morally unacceptable.

The world is full of good people, they just aren't loud about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
js379 wrote:
Well you won't have to worry about my doing that anymore as I just requested my account to be deleted. Thanks for helping me finally make up my mind about this community.

Well, that escalated quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Westchester
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I wish I had a $1 for every one of this kind of threads about MCG's products. Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see everyone's issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han Solo
msg tools
galagaew wrote:
js379 wrote:

I get that, but you are also only pointing out 1 side of the "hateful" arguments. There are irrational people on both sides. By pointing out 1 side you are essentially asking for more conflict.

So that justifies it? I don't see why their discussion has to be mutually inclusive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SilentSniperx88 wrote:
I wish I had a $1 for every one of this kind of threads about MCG's products. Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see everyone's issue.

This thread is actually about crazy backers. No $1 for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han Solo
msg tools
SilentSniperx88 wrote:

You just might be, or incredibly new to their products...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
js379 wrote:
Well you won't have to worry about my doing that anymore as I just requested my account to be deleted. Thanks for helping me finally make up my mind about this community.

Not that quickly:

js379 wrote:
I've deleted my Kickstarter account and I am looking to give away my Recon and Myth collections. MCG and their games are nothing but a source of stress and agitation for me. Message me here if you are interested in picking up the games in Chattanoga, TN. That's the only caveat; I am not wasting even another second of my life with shipping this junk.

js379 wrote:
Exactly. I'm not sure what I could possibly doing more to try to "let it go". I'm getting away from their forums and trying to get rid of the materials... I just would rather give them to someone who would want them than start a dumpster fire with them. Responses like this really make me think I should delete my BGG account as well since this is how most people on here behave.

js379 wrote:
Yep, definitely going to need to delete my BGG account once I can find a taker for the games. I'm so tired of the toxicity here.

(Quoted from ridding myself of KS and MCG, thread started Jan. 4)

You do realize that it seems inconsistent for someone who is supposedly "letting go" of "MCG and their games" because they "are nothing but a source of stress and agitation" to start a new thread about a MCG game and keep commenting on a few others? Why do you keep clinging to something that, according to your own statements, gives you nothing but negative experiences and that you are trying to let go of?
You gotta wonder about that, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Webb
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nevertellmetheodds wrote:
galagaew wrote:
js379 wrote:

So that justifies it? I don't see why their discussion has to be mutually inclusive?

I never said anything justified the comment. I was merely asking what the point to this thread was, because as is happening right now it is just creating conflict which Jason has repeatedly stated he wanted to avoid. These threads do not provide rational discussions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to agree with Kathrin.

The OP could choose to go on gaming and talking about the thousands of others games on BGG!.... But loves to whack the bee hive with a stick on an MCG related forum; then complains about the bee stings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Webb
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yamato2 wrote:
I have to agree with Kathrin.

The OP could choose to go on gaming and talking about the thousands of others games on BGG!.... But loves to whack the bee hive with a stick on an MCG related forum; then complains about the bee stings.

I still don't get how my comments can be considered a bee sting. But I guess questioning anything is offensive....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Chauvette
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, to take this conversation back to the OP:

The comment that you reposted doesn't bother me in the slightest. I suppose I am one of those that really enjoys Myth, likes the look of the campaign, but is so maddeningly frustrated by this Kickstarter.

Guess what? I have a lovely pregnant wife, a career, and other things to do with my time. Just like most other people that use Kickstarter and spend time here and there on BGG. I do care enough about my hobby to write something that is bothering me. People that back Kickstarters for that much are probably working professional that love the hobby, not petulant children who are whining because they aren't getting their way.

The idea that anyone that complains that backers are "stomping their feet back to their room"...I'm not sure what to say. Backers are voting with their wallet. This game should be a runaway success, but money is trickling away from, not into, the project. Without a slew of extra material, there isn't a large enough reason for people to back the game.

Also, I also can't believe anyone that says "this project won't see light without you!". Couldn't Megacon Games, I don't know...do like every other small business and get a loan from the bank? Produce the game, sell the copies, and make money?

If they want people to pre-order their game through Kickstarter, make it something that makes them want to spend a decent chunk of change on (in this case $100) instead of dozens of other well-reviewed, widely available products.

What I don't understand is the Megacon Games hasn't done anything to respond. I get that the project has raised $100,000. For some designers that would be a dream come true. But considering their other two Myth projects make more than ten times that....that says something.

I guess they just aren't listening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakob Kaine
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
marble911 wrote:
swirlsaepi wrote:
js379 wrote:

Not that quickly:

js379 wrote:
I've deleted my Kickstarter account and I am looking to give away my Recon and Myth collections. MCG and their games are nothing but a source of stress and agitation for me. Message me here if you are interested in picking up the games in Chattanoga, TN. That's the only caveat; I am not wasting even another second of my life with shipping this junk.

js379 wrote:
Exactly. I'm not sure what I could possibly doing more to try to "let it go". I'm getting away from their forums and trying to get rid of the materials... I just would rather give them to someone who would want them than start a dumpster fire with them. Responses like this really make me think I should delete my BGG account as well since this is how most people on here behave.

js379 wrote:
Yep, definitely going to need to delete my BGG account once I can find a taker for the games. I'm so tired of the toxicity here.

(Quoted from ridding myself of KS and MCG, thread started Jan. 4)

You do realize that it seems inconsistent for someone who is supposedly "letting go" of "MCG and their games" because they "are nothing but a source of stress and agitation" to start a new thread about a MCG game and keep commenting on a few others? Why do you keep clinging to something that, according to your own statements, gives you nothing but negative experiences and that you are trying to let go of?
You gotta wonder about that, too.

Only 25 days in, but this post gets my first "post of the year" award nomination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be fair, someone called Jetwabbie out on his stupid comment on the KS:

Evan Chauvette
Superbacker
about 1 hour ago
Jetewabbie...are you insinuating that people who decide to take their gaming dollar elsewhere because they don't see an appropriate value in a saturated gaming market are petulant children?
Stomping their feet because they "didn't get their way"?

Please don't let it hurt you that much, Jason. You told me yourself that KS games in general tend to attract the lunatic fringe who somehow feel it's 'their' game. MCG has plenty of followers who take their cue from their rudeness and swiftness to insult. Not ALL MCG fans are like that, thankfully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcus the Ready wrote:
To be fair, Donn called Jetwabbie out on his stupid comment on the KS.

I did?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
donnbobhardy wrote:
Marcus the Ready wrote:
To be fair, Donn called Jetwabbie out on his stupid comment on the KS.

I did?

He might have meant Evan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies, Donn - I meant Evan. I have amended my post to be accurate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han Solo
msg tools
Marcus the Ready wrote:
To be fair, someone called Jetwabbie out on his stupid comment on the KS:

Evan Chauvette
Superbacker
about 1 hour ago
Jetewabbie...are you insinuating that people who decide to take their gaming dollar elsewhere because they don't see an appropriate value in a saturated gaming market are petulant children?
Stomping their feet because they "didn't get their way"?

Please don't let it hurt you that much, Jason. You told me yourself that KS games in general tend to attract the lunatic fringe who somehow feel it's 'their' game. MCG has plenty of followers who take their cue from their rudeness and swiftness to insult. Not ALL MCG fans are like that, thankfully.

Someone was definitely acting like a petulant child...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Chauvette
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, all that aside, I give MegaCon props for actually going ahead and opening up all the stretch goals. I have decided to give them the benefit and keep my pledge. I'm in it, since they have finally decided to be.

And yes, after I saw this thread I went and replied on KS. I have a bit of extra time since I got out of school (military training) early today so I had time to haunt this project.

Believe it or not, Myth represents something special to me. The idea, while not perfect in it's execution, just isn't replicated elsewhere in a similar fashion. Also, Myth, was the first "serious" Kickstarter I ever backed...so, 133 projects ago.

I will never understand why a lot of people use the anonymity of the internet to be unnecessarily rude. If you wouldn't say it to them in person, why would you write it on the internet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well said, Evan. It's nice to see Myth fans being cordial and civil. There's too much anger around this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.