6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG General

Subject: Question about selling on BoardGameGeek rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tihomir
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Recently I posted a comment on the forum of a particular card game advertising that I had cards of the set for sale that I wanted to sell through the GeekMarket. The thread got some responses, but was very quickly deleted by a Moderator. I received the following message:

Quote:
Arranging sales through the forums is not permitted. Please use the BGG Marketplace section of the game page. Geekbay may also be used for lots for which the Marketplace isn't well suited (such as CCG collections, large collections all being sold together, etc). Any sales should note that they will go through the Marketplace. Thank you.

I wasn't aware of this (particularly since I have seen similar threads here on various CCG sub-forums).

I am not contesting the deletion of my thread, but just want to clarify what is allowed. I had not yet posted the item on the GeekMarket when I made that thread.

In the future, when I want to sell through the GeekMarket, am I allowed to alert users of the forums that I have added an item to the GeekMarket in the forum of that particular game? I am particularly looking to sell various lots of collectible card games (CCG) that I have, for which people might not ordinarily check the GeekMarket regularly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Geruntho
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I sell quite a bit on the Geek Market, but I have never posted a thread about my items.

If you want to sell faster, there are the Geekbay forum threads(Region: BoardGameGeek » Forums » Gaming Related » GeekBay), but I mostly keep my eye on the MetaList for GeekList AUCTIONS Geeklist. I have bought stuff off them but never made a list myself. Checkout what seasoned sellers do there.

Hopefully you find this useful and best of luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, "Promoting sales you have in the Marketplace is not permitted without explicit permission from the Community Manager"

https://boardgamegeek.com/community_rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tihomir
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thank you for the clarification.

I have one further question:

Is the CCG Trades forum only for trades? I see occasional posts about selling cards there. Is that allowed?

Sorry about all the questions. I don't want to get an infraction or similar for something I did not know about

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's a trade/sale post in the trades forum, it can specify that any sales will go through the marketplace. If it's not for trade, it should be an auction geeklist/ or be listed in the marketplace/ or possibly on Geekbay for collections being sold together, and note that it will go through the marketplace (GeekMarket).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tihomir
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Ok. Thank you for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.