Popular Tags: [View All]
J. W. Cornelius
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mb
Possible FAQ here:
If I play a card on a base with an Ongoing (ex. Summon Wolves) does the card affect all players on that base?
Or is the card effect only for me unless otherwise specified?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Harbaugh
United States
Roxana
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
J. W. Cornelius wrote:
Possible FAQ here:
If I play a card on a base with an Ongoing (ex. Summon Wolves) does the card affect all players on that base?
Or is the card effect only for me unless otherwise specified?

Summon Wolves - Play on a base. Ongoing: At the start of your turn, place a +1 power counter on this card. If you have a minion here, counters on this card add to your power total.

Just you because the card states "You" as in the owner of the card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Dombrovsky
Ukraine
Kharkov
Colorado
flag msg tools
It gives bonuses only to owner. See three examples:

Aggromotive - Play on a base. Ongoing: If you have a minion here, you have +5 power here.

Jammed Signal - Play on a base. Ongoing: All players ignore this base's ability.

Ornate Dome - Play on a base. Destroy all other players' actions played here. Ongoing: Other players cannot play actions on this base.

So I believe "you" means only the owner (some times - controller) of the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. W. Cornelius
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for input.
Upon further googling, it looks like our confusion came from playing the cards wrong.
We played them "on the base" as in separate from our minions.
I see from gameplay pics that players will put minions and actions in the same place.
My bad.
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Harbaugh
United States
Roxana
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the cards make you take a double take.... not uncommon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Moore
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
a ghost card says it is not effected by other players actions.
if there was an action attached to this ghost already can that action card still be effected by Ornate Dome?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben de Kemp
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lorddog wrote:
a ghost card says it is not effected by other players actions.
if there was an action attached to this ghost already can that action card still be effected by Ornate Dome?

Ornate Dome only affects actions played on the base itself, not on actions played on minions at the base.

So the answer is no, but not for the reason you are surmising

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Moore
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
ok I get that answer. but I still need a clarification for the ghost card.
are actions laid onto the ghost card have the same immunity as the ghost card? or are they always treated as a separate entity in respects to how the minon's ongoing power is determined.

not sure if my question is clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vespert Ilio
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They are separate entities from the minion. Only the minion gains the immunity, not the actions played on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben de Kemp
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adding an action to a minion is considered affecting it, but oddly enough, removing an action doesn't seem to fall into the same definition...so it does seem that you would still be able to destroy an action attached to a minion that had immunity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vespert Ilio
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It seems odd, but if unattaching an action from a minion counted as affecting it, cards that make their minion unaffectable, like Incorporeal or Shielding, would make themselves unaffectable too, which isn't their purpose.

You can consider destroying an action attached to a minion as affecting the action, not the minion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.