United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the concept as I adore tower defense video games, but maintenance and upkeep seems a bit tedious. Any folks who've played have a perspective on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
xBino wrote:
Love the concept as I adore tower defense video games, but maintenance and upkeep seems a bit tedious. Any folks who've played have a perspective on this?

I played the demo prototype at PAX West last fall. It didn't come across as "fiddly" to me. They seem to be taking that into account in the design of the game and trying to minimize it.

I know they've made some changes from the prototype I played and I'm backing the Kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Shanowitz
United States
Bristol
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xBino wrote:

I've got the same concern. Moving all of those enemies each round plus adding and removing all of the ammo markers from each tower does seem really fiddly. You've also got possible line of sight issues. I don't see that there are any Kickstarter exclusives so you should be fine to wait until the game is released and see how well it is received.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Hanses
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
theaaron wrote:
xBino wrote:

I've got the same concern. Moving all of those enemies each round plus adding and removing all of the ammo markers from each tower does seem really fiddly. You've also got possible line of sight issues. I don't see that there are any Kickstarter exclusives so you should be fine to wait until the game is released and see how well it is received.

Note that if more people back us on Kickstarter, more miniatures will be added to every copy of the game.

We are also at PAX South all weekend showing off the game. Feel free to check out what people have to say from the convention.

We did try to minimize any fiddlyness as much as possible. The HP on the pillars came out of our desire to not have you have to move the Alien token plus some chipboard trackers for HP and other stuff (like game like Descent). It all stays in one place and enables everyone around the table to visually see the Hit Points and other stuff on all aliens at all time. No need to ask someone near the tokens what all the stats are over and over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.