Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
I know the rules, but how do you win this game?
badge
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that if you don't have action cards, you don't get a descendant. But if you only have the rival card, you don't have any cards that would determine the sex of said descendant. Thematically it would make sense that in this case you don't get a descendant. What's the rule here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludwig Seitz
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The rules don't explicitly cover this case, but if you only have the rival card you probably did something very wrong that turn.

A rules-lawyery interpretation would be this:

You do have a card, so you are entitled to a descendant. You have an equal number of blue and pink cards (zero both) so you get a girl.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Tibbetts
United States
Oak Lawn
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ludwig Seitz wrote:
You have an equal number of blue and pink cards (zero both) so you get a girl.
That's the way I believe it would work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozan ozlek
Turkey
flag msg tools
mbmb
The rules state that you get a girl if you have the same number of blue and red cards or more red cards. I don't think "zero" would count as the same number of cards because you actually don't have any red or blue cards. That's the way we play anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.