flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the trump concert...
Quote:

Take all the rope in Texas, find a tall oak tree

Round up all them bad boys, hang up high in the street

For all the people to see

at 5 minutes in...

Sheesh. I literally said, "oh my god" even tho I'm sitting in an empty room.

Where does this all end?

Now I hear Trump is tweeting about invading Chicago with a federal force because he saw some guy on O'Riley talking about doing it?

And then he's talking about using torture "because it works" despite the fact that intelligence agencies and the army say it doesn't?!?!?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/dec/09/senate-commi...

Quote:
Quote:
US report on 'enhanced interrogation' concludes: torture doesn't work

Report says that CIA detainees subjected to ‘enhanced interrogation techniques’ produced either faulty intelligence or no intelligence at all

The Senate report on the CIA’s detention and interrogation program represents the most authoritative and comprehensive finding since the US launched its so-called “war on terror” more than 13 years ago that torture does not work.

That conclusion will be contested, most of all by former members of the Bush administration and CIA officials involved in the program. They have launched a public relations backlash to the finding, with its own dedicated website. But the sheer bulk and depth of the Senate intelligence committee report will make it much harder to win that argument.

The report finds that CIA detainees subjected to what were then called “enhanced interrogation techniques” either produced no intelligence, or they “fabricated information, resulting in faulty intelligence”. It says that the CIA’s own interrogators “assessed that the most effective method for acquiring intelligence from detainees, including from detainees the CIA considered to be the most ‘high-value’, was to confront the detainees with information already acquired by the intelligence community”.

“This is an authoritative conclusion,” said Philippe Sands, a law professor at University College, London and the author of Torture Team, an account of how torture came to be used increasingly on al-Qaida suspects in the wake of 9/11. “The Senate intelligence commission has been looking into this for several years. I know that they went into it with an open mind. Those who were engaged in the analysis followed the evidence. What it confirmed is what I was always told by US military psychologists, that torture produces information, but it does not produce reliable information.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Henry
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
"For all the good people to see"

Even worse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
From the trump concert...
Quote:

Take all the rope in Texas, find a tall oak tree

Round up all them bad boys, hang up high in the street

For all the people to see

at 5 minutes in...

Sheesh. I literally said, "oh my god" even tho I'm sitting in an empty room.

Where does this all end?

Now I hear Trump is tweeting about invading Chicago with a federal force because he saw some guy on O'Riley talking about doing it?

And then he's talking about using torture "because it works" despite the fact that intelligence agencies and the army say it doesn't?!?!?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/dec/09/senate-commi...

Quote:
Quote:
US report on 'enhanced interrogation' concludes: torture doesn't work

Report says that CIA detainees subjected to ‘enhanced interrogation techniques’ produced either faulty intelligence or no intelligence at all

The Senate report on the CIA’s detention and interrogation program represents the most authoritative and comprehensive finding since the US launched its so-called “war on terror” more than 13 years ago that torture does not work.

That conclusion will be contested, most of all by former members of the Bush administration and CIA officials involved in the program. They have launched a public relations backlash to the finding, with its own dedicated website. But the sheer bulk and depth of the Senate intelligence committee report will make it much harder to win that argument.

The report finds that CIA detainees subjected to what were then called “enhanced interrogation techniques” either produced no intelligence, or they “fabricated information, resulting in faulty intelligence”. It says that the CIA’s own interrogators “assessed that the most effective method for acquiring intelligence from detainees, including from detainees the CIA considered to be the most ‘high-value’, was to confront the detainees with information already acquired by the intelligence community”.

“This is an authoritative conclusion,” said Philippe Sands, a law professor at University College, London and the author of Torture Team, an account of how torture came to be used increasingly on al-Qaida suspects in the wake of 9/11. “The Senate intelligence commission has been looking into this for several years. I know that they went into it with an open mind. Those who were engaged in the analysis followed the evidence. What it confirmed is what I was always told by US military psychologists, that torture produces information, but it does not produce reliable information.”

We saw this film already play out in the 1930's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Strange Fruit is a powerful song, and something I think Frank Gaffney probably would turn off, claiming it was propaganda between the Leftists and the BLM movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Not quite as bad as this, but I was amused to hear that the opening song of the festivities was Erin Boheme, seemingly unironically singing Kurt Weill's (and Bertolt Brecht's) "Mack the Knife," even substituting Mack's name for the line: "Donald's back in town."

Wow. Let's ignore the fact that Brecht was a dyed-in-the-wool Communist (one of the first to be deported by the House Un-American Activities Committee), and just acknowledge that "Mack the Knife" is about a serial killer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James D. Williams
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's hope a crazy Dutchman doesn't set fire to the Capitol Building!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
George Brinton wrote:
Let's hope a crazy Dutchman doesn't set fire to the Capitol Building!

I'm more worried about a crazy (indeterminate) attacking a building with the word Trump on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.