United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just making sure, is this still the most-official source of the rules for the special landscapes?
Bonus Landscape Rules 1.1

Are any of them still under consideration for significant changes?
Is there a thread that I should be actively following at this point?

And one other minor fiddly question:
Since they count as power-1 "buildings" but they look like terrain tiles from far away, does anyone use anything special to mark them on the board?
I just wouldn't want to forget things like Power-gain math, or the fact that the Darkling camp is an actual Dwelling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gambia
Brest
msg tools
jozxyqk wrote:
Just making sure, is this still the most-official source of the rules for the special landscapes?
Bonus Landscape Rules 1.1

I think they are official and definitive. However nothing prevents you from using your own house-ruled if you want.

jozxyqk wrote:

Since they count as power-1 "buildings" but they look like terrain tiles from far away, does anyone use anything special to mark them on the board?
I just wouldn't want to forget things like Power-gain math, or the fact that the Darkling camp is an actual Dwelling.

Before having them we used a regular landscape and put a power token on it. You can mark them the same way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Skyswooper wrote:
I think they are official and definitive. However nothing prevents you from using your own house-ruled if you want.

I have no illusions that I understand game-balance in TM enough to be able to remotely suggest something better than the ones in the document.
I'll trust the "experts"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Avery
Canada
Kamloops
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:

We put two worker cubes together on the board, then put the special disks on top of those cubes. They stand out well that way, and kind of look cool (we think).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
Skyswooper wrote:

I have no illusions that I understand game-balance in TM enough to be able to remotely suggest something better than the ones in the document.
I'll trust the "experts"
The rules were decided by public vote, and with around 50 votes for the winners. We can hope that all voters were experts, but it wasn't a requirement. E.g. I voted too...

If you ask a TM expert (i.e. not me ), she/he'd probably say that the individual rules all are nice and make sense for the particular faction. However, the same expert will probably point out that some factions got much stronger effects for the bonus landscapes than others, and the balancing WITH bonus landscapes is likely worse than without (though parts of this may be irrelevant to the unwashed masses since only the experts will fully understand how to utilize this ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
AFAIK the designers have moved on to their next game project(s). I'm sure they watch the TM forums here on BGG and will jump in if existing rules would need further clarification,which however is very unlikely to happen, given the extensive rule support in the past and the resulting comprehensive FAQ.

So I don't expect any further official revision of the rules for the bonus landscapes, and thus don't see any particular thread to follow.

Maybe the community could come up with a revision, but right now the topic seems dormant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.