Potion Explosion» Forums » General

Subject: Potion Explosion App released on iOS and Android rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Palau Life
msg tools
Potion Explosion has been out for a little:

IOS: https://appsto.re/us/31etfb.i
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asmodeedig...

$4.99 for both, and the sounds and art are excellent! Looks like there's solo, online and local pass/play. Excellent implementation of a wonderful game. Wonder if they'll add the expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Guild
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn! You beat me to it! Looking forward to playing this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palau Life
msg tools
It was posted on Reddit well before it hit BGG - those users are on it! laugh

Only issues so far - it plays in vertical only, and if you accidentally chose a potion to use for its special power, you can't undo it. Otherwise, the tutorial levels are very clear in explaining the game, while not shoving it down your throat or overwhelming you. I had never played the game previous to this, mind you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Not being able to undo an accidental potion/marble click is the only complaint I have so far too. Otherwise the game looks and plays great and the tutorial made it very easy to learn the game for a new player. I'm really enjoying the digital version, to the point that I really just want to try the physical version now to see if the tactile aspect makes it more or less fun for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian P Lewis
United Kingdom
Torquay
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am getting an occasional crash in the APP, usually I am not joking it happens when I cause a big chain reaction. The APP just quits and when I go back in all progress is lost.

Loving the game but not the crashing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Pra'
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tqboz wrote:
I am getting an occasional crash in the APP, usually I am not joking it happens when I cause a big chain reaction. The APP just quits and when I go back in all progress is lost.

Loving the game but not the crashing.

Hi Brian, you should either contact Asmodee Digital's customer care service (support@asmodee.mail.helpshift.com), or Studio Clangore, who developed the app for us. You should also specify your phone model and OS, of course. This would help us identify the bug and eventually solve it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palau Life
msg tools
Try as hard as I can, I can't undo a potion once if I accidentally select it; I can't click outside of the screen or anywhere. Other than that, have been loving this port!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
This is the first board game I've played online on my phone other than Star Realms. Am I missing an option for notifications when it's my turn? I've played about 10 games online so far and between me and my opponent only two have completed all the way without someone timing out and that's with 24-hour turns.

I'd also like to be able to see my online game history (opponent, score) but that's minor compared to the notification thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Reed
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair warning, it seems to be a battery hog. On my iPhone (6S running 10.2.1), just installing and playing three games against the robots put its usage at 42% of the past 24 hours and 9% of the past week!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palau Life
msg tools
Wow, I never play without having a portable Anker battery pack. I played 5 games in a row and turned off at 100% laugh

Side note, I found two bugs, none of which are game-breaking, but one has to do with a certain spell. Hopefully they'll patch that soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Pra'
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rugbydave wrote:
Wow, I never play without having a portable Anker battery pack. I played 5 games in a row and turned off at 100% laugh

Side note, I found two bugs, none of which are game-breaking, but one has to do with a certain spell. Hopefully they'll patch that soon!
To increase the chances that the bugs will be fixed, you should report them!

You can write at customercare@horrible-games.com.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palau Life
msg tools
Thank you, we passed them on last week already, as it was a pretty large bug! But even still, the game is so well done, really a 100% job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
ReginaldDenny wrote:
I think they did a very poor job of translating the look of the game to the mobile platform.

In person the game has a very engaging feel, it comes across as incredibly bland on the screen.

Interesting. I haven't played (or even seen) the physical game but one thing about the app that keeps jumping out at me is the appealing and consistent visual design choices. I really like the way they represent the marbles converting into beakers and then again into flasks, and I really like the potion animation within the flasks and the "potion complete" custom animations. Even though I now want the physical game I've avoided looking at pictures of it so I don't know how it compares.

What specific aspects of the physical game causes it to feel more engaging for you where the app is falling flat?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palau Life
msg tools
ReginaldDenny wrote:
I think they did a very poor job of translating the look of the game to the mobile platform.

In person the game has a very engaging feel, it comes across as incredibly bland on the screen.

I agree with the other users - I actually feel opposite! Between the animations, the colors, the sounds and the user friendly AI, I find the game extremely engaging. Even my 92 year old grandmother picked it up after a round or two!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared R
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
Playful secrets...
badge
In brightest day....
mbmbmbmbmb
The prismatic potion rule in the app does not appear to apply correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
biosludge wrote:
The prismatic potion rule in the app does not appear to apply correctly.

Hello!

Why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared R
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
Playful secrets...
badge
In brightest day....
mbmbmbmbmb
So I could be interpreting the rule incorrectly but I thought the prismatic wild option applied to all marbles in your hand including those on the Bunsen burner

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Altoona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
biosludge wrote:
So I could be interpreting the rule incorrectly but I thought the prismatic wild option applied to all marbles in your hand including those on the Bunsen burner

Nope. Only the 0-3 on your bunsen burners (aka. "pool").

"Ingredient Pool can only hold up to 3 Ingredients at a time. You can only hold Ingredients in your hand until the end of your turn."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.