Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just released from FFG:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/1/26/control...

An overview of various game mechanisms, although no new cards revealed (see below for clarification).

So looking forward to this expansion!

This card fan is from promotional material (Spanish text) not yet posted on Four is Flatline and includes Mason Bellamy (looks like Damon Stone?), the program SYN Flooding, an agenda known as Paper Trail and "Hailstorm" ICE.

[Edit: graphics added]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Netrunner goes Legacy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The marketing and preview describe the use of legacy mechanics (some cards are used, others discarded/destroyed). The PAD function is similar to Pandemic Legacy's character sheets (ethos instead of skills, cautions instead of scars, etc.). I think FFG may be on to something here: providing a tournament-legal pseudo-deluxe expansion that also caters to the casual player. I hope they continue to explore this avenue in the future.

BTW, here's the translation for the card fan (source: Reddit about 6 days ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/Netrunner/comments/5p3j5e/blood_and...).

[Edit: link included]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Kelly
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not terribly impressed myself, but as always YMMV. As more info comes out, if there proves to be some utility to this expansion beyond legacy play, it might pique my interest at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanos Larisis
Greece
Athens, Neo Irakleio
Attica
flag msg tools
badge
To the Light
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be utility as the cards in this expansion are tournament legal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
In fact, it seems as if there will be an almost-full-size deluxe set of tournament legal cards, in addition to the campaign cards.

I'm really hoping that a little judicious photocopying of the player sheets and attention to which cards are in which data pack means that my opponent and I can play through the campaign twice, switching sides for the second run through. There are, I understand, 4 IDs included in the game.

It won't have the surprises in the second round, but could still be fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Kelly
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oblivion4Lcf wrote:

Utility is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose. I've leaned more heavily towards some cycles than others to begin with in my casual play deckbuilding, but my thoughts on Legacy ANR are colored by my experiences with Risk Legacy which I don't particularly care for. Realistically, I'll probably end up purchasing it at some point because reasons. As long as it's available to play online and has such a thriving community behind it, I feel like I should. ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gryph202 wrote:
Oblivion4Lcf wrote:

Utility is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose.

New cards have utility outside of this game, unless they've designed 55 cards that have solely legacy effects. I'd find that hard to believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Kelly
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Then perhaps a better way to put it would be, if they have utility *in my decks*. Who am I kidding, though? That hasn't stopped me from purchasing data packs before. Not by a longshot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Kelly
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heck, I'll admit it. I'm just a little skittish about purchasing a legacy netrunner set with the express intention of not using any of the legacy tropes. There. I said it. These reassurances of tournament legality will probably sway me....but dangit, I'm just skittish. I did not like Risk Legacy one bit, but I understand that's an apples-to-oranges comparison.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect you'll be able to find out, within a week of it hitting stores, what percentage of the cards are tournament legal and which are not.

But either way you should buy them.

One of us!
One of us!
One of us!

(I couldn't bring myself to show the original. It feels pretty exploitative.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.