Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This will be extremely divisive, that is a tight-knit group. This threatens to tear apart the very fabric of their community. Though, I'm not sure how she will know, they do go by the old motto, snitches get stitches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:
Quote:
Elizabeth Poe describes The Joy of Knitting, the small store she founded four years ago in Franklin, Tenn., as a place for women to buy yarn, knit and make friends.

Well, some women.

In a Facebook post Poe wrote Tuesday that quickly went viral, she requested that “if you want yarn for any project for the women’s movement that you please shop for yarn elsewhere.” She made clear in the post that she was referring to those who participated in or supported the Women’s March on Washington and its sister marches across the country.

“The vulgarity, vile and evilness of this movement is absolutely despicable. That kind of behavior is unacceptable and is not welcomed at The Joy of Knitting. I will never need that kind of business to remain open. Two wrongs will never ever make it right,” she wrote, adding, “As the owner of this business and a Christian, I have a duty to my customers and my community to promote values of mutual respect, love, compassion, understanding, and integrity. The women’s movement is counterproductive to unity of family, friends, community, and nation.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/01/2...

Wonder how this will play out ... does she go out of business or will the new Trump climate save her?

Any publicity is better than no publicity.

On the plus side, perhaps some people that never considered knitting will now take up the craft? The world can always use more knit caps and fugly sweaters.

I'm just waiting for the wool, cock socks to come back in style.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Knit condoms were an utter disaster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rico
United States
Mill Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
This will be extremely divisive, that is a tight-knit group. This threatens to tear apart the very fabric of their community. Though, I'm not sure how she will know, they do go by the old motto, snitches get stitches.
Post flagged
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
TheChin! wrote:

quit needling her this yarn will quick be dropped there is no darn happy ending in ths pearl of a story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:
Quote:
Elizabeth Poe describes The Joy of Knitting, the small store she founded four years ago in Franklin, Tenn., as a place for women to buy yarn, knit and make friends.

Well, some women.

In a Facebook post Poe wrote Tuesday that quickly went viral, she requested that “if you want yarn for any project for the women’s movement that you please shop for yarn elsewhere.” She made clear in the post that she was referring to those who participated in or supported the Women’s March on Washington and its sister marches across the country.

“The vulgarity, vile and evilness of this movement is absolutely despicable. That kind of behavior is unacceptable and is not welcomed at The Joy of Knitting. I will never need that kind of business to remain open. Two wrongs will never ever make it right,” she wrote, adding, “As the owner of this business and a Christian, I have a duty to my customers and my community to promote values of mutual respect, love, compassion, understanding, and integrity. The women’s movement is counterproductive to unity of family, friends, community, and nation.”

Wonder how this will play out ... does she go out of business or will the new Trump climate save her?

There were a lot of yarn shops involved in the run-up to the Women's March; not this one, though!

I imagine she'll lose some business (she's not the only yarn shop in the greater Nashville metro area), but I also imagine there are knitters who agree with her to some degree, or simply don't care either way who will keep shopping there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
“The vulgarity, vile and evilness of this movement is absolutely despicable.

That assessment seems.... a bit much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
Quote:

Not really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
Quote:

Surprised?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
The only two surprises in this story is:

1. Anyone outside of Nashville gives a flying shit.

2. Yet I cared just enough to post here.

What is wrong with me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
and a Christian, I have a duty to my customers and my community to promote values of mutual respect, love, compassion, understanding, and integrity

She knows trump grabs pussy right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daddys_Home wrote:
Quote:
and a Christian, I have a duty to my customers and my community to promote values of mutual respect, love, compassion, understanding, and integrity

She knows trump grabs pussy right?

only with knitted gloves... so they cancel each other out, amirite?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
What is wrong with me?

I don't think we can answer that...now.

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:
Quote:

Well, some women.

The county Franklin is in went 63% Trump and 29% Clinton. I do not think she fears a massive backlash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
growlley wrote:
TheChin! wrote:

quit needling her this yarn will quick be dropped there is no darn happy ending in ths pearl of a story.

Is that how they're going to spin it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
“The vulgarity, vile and evilness of this movement is absolutely despicable."
Could the male knitters on RSP who've been driving off "vulgar, vile and evil women" fill us in around exactly what these witches have done?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pinook wrote:
Could the male knitters on RSP who've been driving off "vulgar, vile and evil women" fill us in around exactly what these witches have done?

They've all been banned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aiabx wrote:
growlley wrote:
TheChin! wrote:

Is that how they're going to spin it?

I figure they'll sweater for a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
Not sure its a kind of threadbare narritive if they do. it runs against eh cut of the cloth but perhaps they are hemmed in and hoping something else will turn up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

TheChin! wrote:
KissaTaikuri wrote:
Quote:

Well, some women.

This will be extremely divisive, that is a tight-knit group.

TheChin! wrote:
This threatens to tear apart the very fabric of their community.

TheChin! wrote:
Though, I'm not sure how she will know, they do go by the old motto, snitches get stitches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

KissaTaikuri wrote:
Quote:

Well, some women.

The old bat will put herself out of business because she went out of her way to insult and offend a large segment of her own community and surrounding areas. And she didn't have to get up in the face of any customer in her own store to deliver that over-the-top verbal assault, either.

Although she said it in the most virulantly caustic way imaginable, the old bat essentially said in an indirect way that she prefers Trump supporters only as customers. She could even post a sign in her store that says: "We serve Trump-supporting customers only"; however, there's no way that she could outwardly perceive what a person's political affiliation is much less whether they support Donald Trump.

Nonetheless, what the old bat said is profoundly evocative of comments made over the past week by Christian Supremacist and Dominionist leaders alike.

> Excerpts from the January 24, 2017 Right Wing Watch news story by Kyle Mantyla entitled:

Dominionist Pastor Rick Joyner Declares: "The Women’s March Was A Blatant Manifestation Of The Jezebel Spirit"

Right-wing pastor Rick Joyner posted a video on his Facebook page yesterday in which he declared that last weekend’s Women’s March on Washington was a “blatant manifestation of the Jezebel spirit” brought about because Satan knows he is about to be cast out of America, thanks to President Trump.

Joyner said that “there was a meanness, there was a rage” in the women who participated “that was very unattractive,” lamenting that they were so crude that even the things he heard while serving in the Navy “didn’t seem as bad as what coming out of some of these women during that Women’s March in D.C.”

"The Jezebel spirit", he explained, “is a spirit that seeks to seduce God’s people into sexual immorality and into the worship of idols” and has managed to take over much of the nation in recent years but is now flying into a rage as it realizes that its influence over the country is about to be lost.

“Why was there such a rage?” he asked. “I think it’s because that Jezebel spirit is about to be thrown down in America and I think much of the world and it knows its time is short. As you see in the Book of Revelation, whenever Satan is cast out of heaven, he comes to the earth with great wrath … I think that’s what’s been going on here too and I think Trump is a real serious threat to the general Jezebel spirit.”

> Excerpts from the January 24, 2017 Right Wing Watch news story by Kyle Mantyla entitled:

Dominionism Advocate Lance Wallnau Declares: "The Women’s March Was A Manifestation of The Spirit Of Witchcraft"

Right-wing pastor and ardent Donald Trump supporter Lance Wallnau posted a video on his Facebook page last night in which he declared that the Women’s March on Washington and the protests surrounding Trump’s inauguration were a spiritual manifestation of witchcraft and “the spirit of Jezebel.”

Echoing Rick Joyner, Wallnau said that the march and protests were “the unmasking of the nature of the progressive spirit” and “its desire to control and intimidate and manipulate.”

Manipulation, intimidation and control are the hallmarks of “the spirit of witchcraft” and “witchcraft is the spirit of Jezebel,” Wallnau said, “so it makes sense to me that there would be half a million women who would show up” in Washington, D.C., on the day after Trump’s inauguration.

“It’s a witchcraft that’s operating behind this stuff,” he said later, “and it’s intimidation and it’s violence and it’s threatening and it’s destructive and it’s clearly the work of the Devil. And the media mind controls what we’re dealing with. It’s mind control that has people incapable of seeing the reality” in front of them.

Wallnau said the one of his family members recently insisted that they were well-informed because they got their news from places like NBC, ABC, and CBS, but that didn’t impress him because, he said, that’s like “listening to Joseph Goebbels, Hitler, and Goering.”

> Excerpts from the January 23, 2017 Right Wing Watch news story by Robert Mainville entitled:

Religious Right Activist Dave Daubenmire Proclaims: "The Men Who Joined The Women’s March On Washington Are Sissies"

Saturday’s Women’s March On Washington was bound to bring protest from radical figures such as David Daubenmire. On his “Pass The Salt” program today, the Religious Right activist shared a video of himself heckling marchers by calling male participants “sissies” and telling women, “You’re the one who spread your legs, don’t blame the baby.”

As a protester responded to Daubenmire antagonizing other marchers, he responded by shouting, “Hey, Sir, you’re a sissy! You’re a sissy! That’s right! If you were a real man you wouldn’t force your wife to be out here. You say, ‘Well, my husband supports me.’ Hah. Sure! You married a woman. That’s what you did. You made a sissy-man.”

“You’re the one who spread your legs, so don’t blame the baby!” Daubenmire shouted at other marchers.

Daubenmire continued to attack the march and announced that “feminism is the rebellion against the laws and rules of God.”

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
male RSP knitters cabal
@Donald

The source of their excesses becomes apparent.

edit: Doubtless James is racing me to be the first to point out that knitting was, and remains, a very masculine past-time.

Probably begun by shepherds, high in the hills, on the quieter evenings when only a mountain lion or fox was troubling the flock, not when driving off a wolf-pack, bear, real lion, packs of thieves or succubi. As an alternative to flute playing, knitting was productive of both clothing and barterable items, relaxing and able to be done in company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
"desire to control and intimidate and manipulate” - the spirit of witchcraft
whistle

Spoiler (click to reveal)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Pinook wrote:
@Donald

The source of their excesses becomes apparent.

edit: Doubtless James is racing me to be the first to point out that knitting was, and remains, a very masculine past-time.

Probably begun by shepherds, high in the hills, on the quieter evenings when only a mountain lion or fox was troubling the flock, not when driving off a wolf-pack, bear, real lion, packs of thieves or succubi. As an alternative to flute playing, knitting was productive of both clothing and barterable items, relaxing and able to be done in company.

Instead, I'll let former NFL pro-football player Rosie Greer tell ya about the manliness of needlepoint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.