servando sancho
Spain
flag msg tools
Question of limited supply: Supply source for Italians is Rome. A german unit in Naples or Cassino it´s in limited supply (11.52), but an italian is in general supply. How many OPS must be paid for activate for combat if the hex (ex. Naples) contained a german and an Italian unit? and two german and one italian?

Question of invasions. Just for clarify: It´s legal play two invasions in the same turn, if one of them is Avalanche? And tree invasions if two are Avalanche and Shingle?

Question of strafe mission (14.32). A) The four hexes of range: can be count through the beach hex not activated yet? (Ex: a TAC in U.K. can have Paris in range if Overlord and Round-up not played yet?)
b) After Avalanche -and allied conbtrol of "Vesuvee" hex: can the german player redeployed to Corsica if a TAC is in N. Africa?

Sorry for mi bad english.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Question 1: depends on the mix of units in the hex. One German and One Italian unit will take 2 OPS. Two German and one Italian units will take 3 OPS. One German and two Italian units will take 2 OPS.

Question 2: rule 6.56 applies, as does the relevant card text. IF during 1944 the Allied player had still not cleared Sicily after opening the game with Husky (unlikely, though remotely possible) THEN they could play Avalanche AFTER Sicily is Allied-controlled and THEN in a later action around play Shingle. But three invasions? No, as it would violate rule 6.56. I suppose it might be possible to play Anvil-Dragoon given the wording of 6.563 but if the Allies have not played Avalanche, Shingle, and Anvil-Dragoon by the Fall 1944 turn they have probably already either lost automatically or conceded.

Question 3: I believe this has been answered before as "Yes" for matters of range, and "No" for TAC Strafe missions having range to Corsica - look at the map, there's no connection with the North Africa Reserve Box.

Michael Rinella
Designer: Festung Europa
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
It is legal to play Avalanche in the same turn as Overlord per 6.56. I assume it doesn't matter whether you play Overlord first or Avalanche first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be legal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.