Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Amey
United States
Eastern Shore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was curious about the differences between the Thrashing Dice rule book and the Thrash'n Roll rule book. Will one be uploaded to BGG any time soon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Izdebski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
After we make it into the final form (not raw text) of course, as soon as we finish the DTP process it will be posted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Amey
United States
Eastern Shore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Adam.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The AirBear
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious when the upload will finally happen, because the German version was originally planned for NOV 16 (crowdfunding) and delayed several times. Present info is "beginning of March". But to be honest, I have my doubts as obviously the English version is not even finished yet...

Unfortunately this has been my worst and most disappointing crowd-funding project so far, as the release was postponed again and again and communication was terrible
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Izdebski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
We are not experiencing delays because of ruebook, the only thing why we have it is because our shipment of wooden components was delayed. Still, the reason we do not have the rulebook ready is because we decided to - as we suddenly have much more time - give it to more people to proofread and de-bug, so you will get more refined and correct product. As for Spieleschmiede, there is a man who is working on it right now, so the German translation is in progress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stoakes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to support what Adam says, I'm one of the volunteer English-language proofreaders that he recruited via the Geek - he got the draft to me in timely fashion and I turned it round in three days and I have to say it's looking pretty good: easy to read, etc (I used to be a journalist and editor).

So once the rules are ready and Adam and his colleagues are ready to publish them it will be worth the wait. I'm feeling impatient myself. Got the original game, completely missed the KS and had to get Adam to reassure me it would be available at some stage for retail in the UK. Can't wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The AirBear
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Then this seems to be the only thing that worked out in time on this project...

Delivery of the game was announced again and again but nothing happened.
As info of Spieleschmiede, the games (board, cards, box) are not even produced today (Adam might correct me here?!), *because* they are waiting for wooden tokens...? This is quite rediculous after such a long time the game is overdue! (Remember: the game was announced for November in the crowd-funding project!)

It is just disappointing to get the info "games will ship soon" over and over again and everytime there is a different explanation (if you even get one) why they are unable to keep the date. They should have said in November or December to ship the game in March/April instead of letting their customers hope for the games to arrive soon again and again.

To be honest, for me personally (as sad as it is) this is definitely the last game that I bought from Tailor games and quite a few people who joined the project on Spieleschmiede think the same...

It might be a different situation if you are a "regular" customer and "just waiting" for the game to be released than if you were promised something and you have already paid for it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Izdebski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
You are correct - The printing has not yet started. The printing process is not something that that takes so much times. We did not publish the rules yet, because we do not want to one more release bugged, imperfect game. We had two options: release the game "as is" on time, or thoroughly work on the rules and corrections. We chose the latter. I understand that you might be irritated and disappoited, but I think majority of players prefer to wait (I agree that the wait time is long) and get more polished product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Amey
United States
Eastern Shore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zmiotek wrote:
You are correct - The printing has not yet started. The printing process is not something that that takes so much times. We did not publish the rules yet, because we do not want to one more release bugged, imperfect game. We had two options: release the game "as is" on time, or thoroughly work on the rules and corrections. We chose the latter. I understand that you might be irritated and disappoited, but I think majority of players prefer to wait (I agree that the wait time is long) and get more polished product.

I absolutely agree with you regarding getting a polished product. I think what most concerns/discourages backers and fans of your game is the minimal communication with backers/fans. As a backer/owner of Thrash'n Roll, I really want to support new/small publishers and don't mind delays in the production process.

What is disheartening is being left in the dark about those delays. Even posting an update every two weeks or so just saying things are progressing is better than silence. Maybe schedule regular updates every 2-3 weeks so backers know to expect one would ease many minds. Just a thought.

Good luck with Thrashing Dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Izdebski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
crysknife wrote:
Zmiotek wrote:

I absolutely agree with you regarding getting a polished product. I think what most concerns/discourages backers and fans of your game is the minimal communication with backers/fans. As a backer/owner of Thrash'n Roll, I really want to support new/small publishers and don't mind delays in the production process.

What is disheartening is being left in the dark about those delays. Even posting an update every two weeks or so just saying things are progressing is better than silence. Maybe schedule regular updates every 2-3 weeks so backers know to expect one would ease many minds. Just a thought.

Good luck with Thrashing Dice.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you, we really would like to communicate more, but right now we are really hard at work so we can deliver the game without further delay.

Also, after discussion in the office we decided to upload the rules in plain text form (docx document), so you are not kept in the dark and know what you can expect. The file is now awaiting approval. All help with this file is appreciated.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Amey
United States
Eastern Shore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. I look forward to giving the rulebook a read.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Izdebski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Ok, the submission was approved, so here you go:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/143826/thrashing-dice-eng...

If you want to help us, please let me know about any issues with the rulebook. Also, if you are really into it, then you can send me corrected rules so I can compile it in most efficient and understandable way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The AirBear
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According Spieleschmiede the production should have started at beinning of March.
What's the status of production and the final English and German rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Izdebski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
The production has already started - the rulebook is one of the last components to be produced. We are now going throug the DTP process of it, when it's finished I will post it in the files section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasenko Pasic
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahahahahahahhahaha. Gooooood. Oct 28th,no updates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.