Popular Tags: [View All]
.308 Jake
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey. I just finished punching the game and there's two start player tokens. The rules say I should have only one. Is the other used for something else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Box
Mexico
Querétaro
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trippercook wrote:
Hey. I just finished punching the game and there's two start player tokens. The rules say I should have only one. Is the other used for something else?

I guessed it was a spare. Likewise I have one extra citizen token that isn't used (once placing all there are two left over, rather than just the one as the rules say there should be).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Schaub
Switzerland
Thun
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, if you play with Kellyanne Conway, she gets the alternative start player token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel King
United States
Franklin
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xobxela wrote:
trippercook wrote:

I guessed it was a spare. Likewise I have one extra citizen token that isn't used (once placing all there are two left over, rather than just the one as the rules say there should be).

Yeah, I have a spare as well. The extra citizen had me convinced that I was missing a citizen space somewhere in the game for the first 3 plays or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
emptyset wrote:
Yes, if you play with Kellyanne Conway, she gets the alternative start player token.

Well played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The citizen is actually awarded to the player who built the most trade stations.

The start player marker is legitimately spare. (Using the same die lines is cheaper than having it not be cut out).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel King
United States
Franklin
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
truekid wrote:
The citizen is actually awarded to the player who built the most trade stations.

But even putting a citizen on the map, I still have one left over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Spath
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the TMG version came with an extra start player marker and an additional citizen as well as some extra coins if I remember rightly.

I don't know if the DLP version had any of this as mine is TMG. My assumption is as suggested above; that it's due to using the same template for the punch boards. Some games come with blank tiles in this instance, but it's nice that these have been printed properly so will function as spares if others get lost or damaged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Uponsas
msg tools
Not many things which I read online make me actually laugh out loud.
I had to take a few seconds while my wife asked me what was so funny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.