Popular Tags: [View All]
Jasenko Pasic
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, got suggestion to put this post here, so here you go!!!

A documentary film about Sarajevo during the 1992-95 siege; specifically a film about the music scene in the besieged Bosnian capital with special focus on a concert held in the city’s BKC music hall by Bruce Dickinson on December 14, 1994. It is a film about people who risked their lives to perform for the people who risked their lives in order to live them.

This is something that I have been working on for past 4 years. Hope you like trailer, and will like film. Soon in cinemas near you

Live long and prosper.

Up the Irons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
So there are snipers and artillery up in the surrounding hills, and mortars dropping too, killing and injuring people in the almost encircled city and Bruce decides to go in and play a concert of heavy metal music.

And this helps people?

Really?

Reading this sort of stuff makes me proud to be a human.

(No green text.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ooops
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
Pinook wrote:

(No green text.)

Sorry for being the newbie derailing the thread, but why are there so many references to green text in this forum?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sykurmoli wrote:
Pinook wrote:

(No green text.)

Sorry for being the newbie derailing the thread, but why are there so many references to green text in this forum?

Green text is the local code for sarcasm. I don't use it because I am always being sarcastic. It's just assumed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ooops
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Sykurmoli wrote:
Pinook wrote:

(No green text.)

The reasons it has developed are shrouded in confusion.
Some say it is because Americans don't recognise irony easily.
Others say that our culture itself has become so ironic that it is impossible for anyone, without an intimate knowledge of the poster's worldview and current internal state, to know whether they are being serious or ironic in any post or in any phrase within a post.

Whatever the reason the loose convention is that intended irony is signalled by having the ironic text in green.

So:
This is irony
This is not intended to be irony.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Ramadanovic
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am from there (was 14 in 1992 so my parents sent me out when the war started).
Sarajevo always had pretty impressive music scene for a city its size.
I believe several of my friends (who did not have a good place to be sent out) were at that concert.
I will certainly be seeing the movie whenever it becomes available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Чебурашка, ты настоящий друг!
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
Scheiß Inselaffen!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, looks fascinating, congratulations! I'll share the trailer with some groups for East European studies I'm a member of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I remember reading about this when it happened. It is heartening to see courage in the face of danger, and defiance against tyranny among any set of people. Even if it was ultimately an empty gesture, it was meaningful in a greater sense.

I guess these days, someone would just do a pod cast, and people would send out emoticons of approval....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasenko Pasic
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
I remember reading about this when it happened. It is heartening to see courage in the face of danger, and defiance against tyranny among any set of people. Even if it was ultimately an empty gesture, it was meaningful in a greater sense.

I guess these days, someone would just do a pod cast, and people would send out emoticons of approval....

I would be more than happy if someone wants me to talk about it on podcasts or any other form of interview
You can always get me on geekmail
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasenko Pasic
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For US geeks. SCREAM FOR ME SARAJEVO will have its US premiere at RHODE ISLAND INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL on August 12th.
Hope some of you can make it.
Live long and prosper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.