Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's in keeping with their motto:

"StoneBlade Entertainment: Designing the world's best games, but then managing them poorly and releasing more expansions rather than addressing the pressing issues necessary to make their online games work."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Hanover
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarter Superbacker here - This is what you do:

Send the project creator a message telling them you're tired of waiting, and you want a full refund. If you do not receive one, you will be taking legal action against them for breach of contract.

If they refund you, great. If not, talk to your bank about filing a charge back on the grounds of fraud. Tell them you preordered an item with a delivery date of [whatever], the buyer has had your money for however long, and now refuses to issue a refund or deliver on the terms of the sale. Kickstarter tries to play the "we're not a store" angle, but the law doesn't see it that way.

I've had to do this about a dozen times, and in every single instance I've been successful in getting my money back. If your bank isn't as understanding as mine, feel free to quote the many legal cases around the country where creators have been sued and forced to repay their backs on unfulfilled promises.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike natale
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Thanks for the feedback HotMayo.

I've contacted Justin Gary (ceo) multiple times he has basically said that's too bad and they'll get it to me eventually. (despite the fact that they changed just about everything, so what they will get me isn't what I promised.)

It was purchased through amazon payments I just realized, I'll take your advice and attempt a direct refund through them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SLO Knightfall
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same boat with backing the KS for the Collector Edition. I tried to be patient and work with them, but ended up being lied to many times about the status of the various things owed. As things have stretched on to long and they stopped responding to my emails, I'm also trying to get a refund directly from my bank. Fingers crossed that I'll finally be able to put this all behind me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules Halligan
Australia
Mount Pleasant
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also in the same boat! I have sent many emails over the years. They flat out refuse to give me a refund.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.