54 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Hi, I'm back. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claire Anderson
msg tools
So I deleted my account awhile back after the way I was being treated here, but have still been lurking a bit. I've seen that there is actual moderation here now and the users who were making my visits here particularly unbearable have deleted or been banned, so I decided to give RSP another chance.

There are a lot of cool people that I have enjoyed having discussions with here that I'm excited to reconnect with.

Claire
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome back. What was your previous username? Sorry I'm ignorant/forgetful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire Anderson
msg tools
I was DCAnderson
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
Clairebot wrote:
I was DCAnderson

Ah of course, I guess I never knew your real name. Again, welcome back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome back, Claire.

Here's a nice benefit of the New RSP: though some might lament the loss of a few luminaries here, think of the many more people from the rest of the site who might want to try the waters here now that we're required to be civil to each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Welcome back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
Welcome back Claire!

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Good to see you back Claire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Schoell
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome back!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Our female population just increased from 0 to 1!

Or is Lynette still around? I haven't seen her in while. Regardless, positive change!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire Anderson
msg tools
galad2003 wrote:
If you came to forum for a liberal echo chamber you came to the right place!

Well I'm no liberal now anyway. I'm full on leftist at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird. If this is an echo chamber, for some reason half the echoes reverberating back to me sound like snarky comments about how liberal this place is and how persecuted conservatives are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire Anderson
msg tools
cbazler wrote:
Weird. If this is an echo chamber, for some reason half the echoes reverberating back to me sound like snarky comments about how liberal this place is and how persecuted conservatives are.

If anything this place seemed like a very far right echo chamber to me, especially before moderation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clairebot wrote:
So I deleted my account awhile back after the way I was being treated here, but have still been lurking a bit. I've seen that there is actual moderation here now and the users who were making my visits here particularly unbearable have deleted or been banned, so I decided to give RSP another chance.

There are a lot of cool people that I have enjoyed having discussions with here that I'm excited to reconnect with.

Claire

Welcome back I'm sorry things got so ugly.

An answer to the other person's question, I do believe meercat has tipped someone recently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Claire,

Welcome back. Thanks for giving this hovel another chance as a place to discuss RSP subjects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clairebot wrote:
cbazler wrote:

If anything this place seemed like a very far right echo chamber to me, especially before moderation.

Is it opposite day?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire Anderson
msg tools
TheDashi wrote:
Clairebot wrote:
cbazler wrote:

Is it opposite day?

If your political scale only goes from the Republicans on one end and Democrats on the other, and you're all the way to the right on that scale, then I could see how this place would seem that way.

To me "the left" here is actually pretty centrist and even a bit right wing tbh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clairebot wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Clairebot wrote:
cbazler wrote:

Is it opposite day?

If your political scale only goes from the Republicans on one end and Democrats on the other, and you're all the way to the right on that scale, then I could see how this place would seem that way.

To me "the left" here is actually pretty centrist and even a bit right wing tbh

Got it, Opposite Day. Wow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:

Our female population just increased from 0 to 1!

Or is Lynette still around? I haven't seen her in while. Regardless, positive change!

Kaitlyn_Res still posts in RSP now and then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire Anderson
msg tools
I'll break it down another way:

There are basically three camps in RSP.

In the middle you have conservatives. To the left you have somewhat milquetoast liberalism. Then to the right you have far right.

If you're far right, and you consider everyone at all to the left of you to be the left, then this place will seem very left wing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Ramadanovic
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome back.
I will probably disagree with you on most political topics (at least as far as economics goes; I think we are all good on human rights and the like) - as I did back then.
I generally try and do so politely though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clairebot wrote:
In the middle you have conservatives. To the left you have somewhat milquetoast liberalism. Then to the right you have far right.

aw come on Claire I did a whole thread about how it's good to punch Nazis, how is that milquetoast
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire Anderson
msg tools
Punching Nazis is indeed quite good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome back to the fight!
This time I know our side will end up squabbling amongst ourselves on an obscure internet RSP forum!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a time here where, even though I would have never said that the majority of the posters were right wingers, the majority of posts were by right wingers. 3 or 4 sentence responses at best, trying to troll. The ratio was the most clear when it came to thread creators: Poisoned well after poisoned well. That's probably at about the time DCAnderson quit: I spent weeks without making a post then, as the thread topics were bad, and there was nothing to talk about. A big percentage of the quality left wing posters stopped posting too, and some far less civil one took their place, leaving a very sad state of affairs.

Some those posters were banned even under the old moderation. Others have been banned already. A few cleaned up their act a little. Some remain making the kind of post that, while it's not against whatever Matthew is using for moderation, still provides zero information, is just antagonistic, and I'd still call negative to the site.

The good part is that with less direct insults, people find said kind of posts easier to ignore, which can only help the discussion: Most of the site's loss of quality, even during the end of the last stages of the previous stint of moderation, came from the forum getting flooded with such zero information, zero dialogue discussions. I sure hope we do better this time, or that the new moderation regime realizes that such style of posting is a deliberate trolling tactic, and treats it accordingly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.