6 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Favourite Expansions (Current & New) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Harder
Canada
flag msg tools
I'm interested in knowing your favourites based on three categories: Showdown (CE), Theme (CE & NE), and Potential Gameplay/Theme (NE).

--------------------

For Showdowns, I'm asking from strictly the Showdown point of view, not including rewards and gear, per se; how enjoyable and challenging is the encounter itself?

Theme is self-explanatory: what draws you in most with its background and story?

What gameplay mechanics are you looking forward to in New Expansions? What themes?

---------------------

Not having played the game yet, I think the Lion Knight looks fun, and the Dung Beetle Knight seems like a great challenge.

Thematically, again, the Lion Knight seems interesting. Slenderman has that HP Lovecraft feel, which I love.

I'm really excited about the Nightmare Ram mechanics! The Red Witches should be great—three at once. Encounters (Oblivion Mosquito) will be interesting.

Thematically, I'm looking forward to the Ivory Dragon (the grand finale to the Core Campaign, as Gold Smoke Knight feels more like a badass lead-up), The Inverted Mountain, and the Abyssal Woods.

And I'm intrigued by the Screaming God...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Showdown:
Tyrant/Dragon King
Flower Knight
honorable mention to the Gorm, which I think has a bunch of strong mechanics/gear/balancing/etc., despite having a fairly straightforward fight

Theme:
DBK (jury's still out on his fight...)
Dragon King (esp. campaign)
Woods
Black Knight

Gameplay potential :
Woods; Gryphon; Black Knight; Witches (I like campaigns, but am a bit less excited about the others)
Ram - high hopes this one which has a different mechanic and has been in development for ages is cool/unique
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Harder
Canada
flag msg tools
Actually, I agree, the Black Knight looks very interesting, thematically. It also seems one of the least dark expansions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Current favourite expansions

flower knight
spidicules
gorm
dragon king

new expansions i like the look of

frogdog
abysal woods
silver city
ivory dragon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Wasberg
msg tools
mbmbmb
It doesn´t make much sense to compare expansions without their rewards, gear and mechanics outside of the showdown.
For example the Dung Beatle Knight offers some interesting mechanics that have nothing to do with his showdown.
On the other hand the fight of Gorm does not seem to be that hard, but he has an event that could hurt you a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Harder
Canada
flag msg tools
Elizablumi wrote:
It doesn´t make much sense to compare expansions without their rewards, gear and mechanics outside of the showdown.
For example the Dung Beatle Knight offers some interesting mechanics that have nothing to do with his showdown.
On the other hand the fight of Gorm does not seem to be that hard, but he has an event that could hurt you a lot.

I was interested in Showdown alone, because I think most know the general consensus of favourite Expansions when including gear, events, etc. I was more interested in how much players find showdowns on their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.