Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been trying out all seven factions, playing each faction myself.

You tend to get a bit of mental overload soblue moving from one faction's special abilities, mach abilities and overall strategy, seven times in a turn!

But I found that the game isn't skewed too much (so far) by having TWO turns per faction before moving on to the next one. I guess the main advantage is to those factions that go first or second or third, but so far it doesn't seem to have crippled the game, and it gives my brain a chance to invest in each faction for two turns, before having to disengage and re-learn the next faction in line's abilities etc.

Obviously combat has to be handled differently (random combat cards and then just common sense as to whether each side would invest further power or not).

I'll let you know how I get on (if I'm not taken away by the men in white overalls first!)

It helps to have some calming ambient music in the background, I've found- early Tangerine Dream, Brian Eno or Volkano.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Van
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lmao wow 7 at once by yourself... kudos! I found playing vs the Automa with the different factions was a lot of fun! Maybe try to that to get a feel for the various factions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Rich
United States
Corsicana
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be hard pressed to not have a favorite. Mostly because I do. Playing against myself like that wouldn't be fair.My favorite would probably always win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerritjan Roubos
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chou4555 wrote:
I've found- early Tangerine Dream.

Off topic: whistle
Wow, great music, Phaedra and Rubycon are my favorites kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep they are my two favourite Tangy Dangy albums. Peter Baumann's first two solo albuns (and his most recent one) are very good two. Sadly the late Edgar Froese went off the boil towards the end...

After two hours of playing all seven factions, my brain hasn't quite turned to mush, but it's already clear there are too many people vying for too little areas. Therefore power will be a necessary commodity as war(s) loom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. I managed to play a seven faction game without going totally insane.

I found that it was easier (and not obviously prejudicial) to play each faction for a number of turns at the stat of the game. In other words Faction 1 had three consecutive turns, followed by faction 2 having three consecutive turns. The second round this was reduced to two consecutive rounds each, and then back to normal, one turn each thereafter.

I can produce the outcome and scores if anyone is interested, but what became clear was that with such a crowded map, warfare was inevitable- especially in the last few turns before someone got six stars. Consequently the factions with most mechs out and a high power were the ones that could bully other factions and take more territories than others (and sit on the factory space for the rest of the game.

Another interesting thing was that many of the objectives were much more difficult to achieve. Three Tundra territories? Forget it! Surround a lake with five owned territories? In yer dreams!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.