BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Prototype board rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Per Jespersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Hi

Do anyone know any European boardgame maker who make can make a few printed boards for prototypes (as cheap as possible). The ones I find either only make hundreds or the only make small predetermined sizes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Print on cardstock for your prototypes.

Or print on stickers and place it over another board you got from a thrift store.

Or look for a PoD outfit like GameCrafter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Jespersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
byronczimmer wrote:

Or print on stickers and place it over another board you got from a thrift store.

Those are good ideas. But Do you know any concrete PoD outfittters (is that what they are called?), besides GameCrafters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihai Stanimir
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know about yodagames. They have a price list at http://www.yodagames.de/download/spieleproduktion.pdf. I can tell by the samples I received that the quality is very good for prototypes, but not really top notch. If I wasn't building my boards myself, I would be using them. As for pricing, it depends on the board size a great deal and you should buy at least 10 pieces. I think they might be able to ship directly to your reviewers for 2-3 euros + shipping costs if I remember correctly. I have this info from about a year ago, so better check with them for all the details.

Whatever option you go with, let us know how it went!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Vestal
United States
Orland Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrDress wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:

Those are good ideas. But Do you know any concrete PoD outfittters (is that what they are called?), besides GameCrafters?

You might want to check out http://www.boardgamesmaker.com/customized/custom-game-boards...

I used them for some prototype boards and they did a great job. I don't think they are European as your original post asked, but they might still be worth checking out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Jespersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Pavestal wrote:
You might want to check out http://www.boardgamesmaker.com/customized/custom-game-boards...

I used them for some prototype boards and they did a great job. I don't think they are European as your original post asked, but they might still be worth checking out.

Thanks. I thought I already checked them. But they might have the nescesary size we need. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Jespersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Does anyone else have experience with making their own board? byronczimmer suggested stickers, which is a good idea.

But how about printing on paper and glueing it on cardboard? This seems to be how factory-grade boards are made. Do I need need special glue? or some sort of spray-on finish? Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Platt
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
DrDress wrote:
Does anyone else have experience with making their own board? byronczimmer suggested stickers, which is a good idea.

But how about printing on paper and glueing it on cardboard? This seems to be how factory-grade boards are made. Do I need need special glue? or some sort of spray-on finish? Any ideas?

I use self adhesive labels. I find that glue has a tendancy to warp cardboard as it dries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.