Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan Carlos Coca Fernández
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As I have mentioned in other threads, currently, I am translating the rules into Spanish, even though, I have already read the FAQs, this subject is not clear for me yet.

Two examples (3 players game), in both cases are supposed that there is room enough:

Example 1
A has 2 farmland tiles (olive and grain)
B has 2 farmland tiles ( 2 grain)
C has 2 farmland tiles (olive and grain)
A has chosen two production chips (3 grain, 1 olive). Is the distribution as follows?
A receives 1 cube of grain and another cube of olive.
B receives 2 cubes of grain.
C receives nothing.

Example 2
A has 1 farmland tile (wine)
B has 1 farmland tile (grain)
C has 1 farmland tile (wine)
Now, A has chosen two production chips (3 wine, 3 goat milk) ). Is the distribution as follows?
In first round, A receives 1 wine and C receives 1 wine as well.
In second round, A receives the last cube of wine.
Goat milk cubes go to general supply.

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Robbemont
Belgium
Hoogstraten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Disclaimer: This is my personal interpretation based on the Dutch rules and FAQ.

The distribution is always clockwise, one player after the other, with each player getting one resource per cycle.

juanco wrote:
Example 1
A has chosen two production chips (3 grain, 1 olive). Is the distribution as follows?
C receives nothing.
No, the number of farmland tiles is not taken into account. Only one resource per cycle. So it's:
B receives 1 cube of grain.
C receives 1 cube of grain.

CORRECT
(edited after a decisive answer from the designer in another post)

juanco wrote:
Example 2
A has 1 farmland tile (wine)
B has 1 farmland tile (grain)
C has 1 farmland tile (wine)
Now, A has chosen two production chips (3 wine, 3 goat milk) ). Is the distribution as follows?
In first round, A receives 1 wine and C receives 1 wine as well.
In second round, A receives the last cube of wine.
Goat milk cubes go to general supply.
Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
NicoR wrote:
The distribution is always clockwise, one player after the other, with each player getting one resource per cycle.

juanco wrote:
Example 1
C receives nothing.
No, the number of farmland tiles is not taken into account. Only one resource per cycle. So it's:
B receives 1 cube of grain.
C receives 1 cube of grain.

Thanks, but I keep doubting.
Have a look at this thread, where Peter, the designer, says that ...Distribution of the goods starts with the player who takes the action and he places on each corresponding tile one block, as long as there are blocks and there has to be space on the farmlands...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Robbemont
Belgium
Hoogstraten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
juanco wrote:
Thanks, but I keep doubting.
Have a look at this thread, where Peter, the designer, says that ...Distribution of the goods starts with the player who takes the action and he places on each corresponding tile one block, as long as there are blocks and there has to be space on the farmlands...

Thanks for pointing this out!
That is indeed a different interpretation.
And coming from the designer this must be correct.

A pity that the rules and FAQ are not more clear, but at least this question is solved

I will correct my previous answer so as not to cause confusion for future readers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter Boots
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
Dear Juan

As Nico has stated, your explanation is correct. Reading the discussion I can why the thread makes you doubt.
You should consider each player the owner of a farm. And distribution goes from farm to farm. What can be part of a farm? First of all, the farm tile (where you can place your action marker), second farmland tiles (production) and third development tiles. All of these he has bought and owns are part of his farm (Ships are not considered a part of the farm).
The acting player takes all cubes and looks at the first farm: his farm. One cube is placed on all corresponding tiles that are part of his farm. So if his farm has two wine tiles, he places one cube on each one of them. If there are cubes left, distribution goes over to the next farm and one cube is placed on each of the corresponding tiles in that farm.
Hopefully this different approach is helpful.

For your information, we are working on better rules. There has been more criticism about the rules. And I do think they have a point. Unfortunately, writing rules is one of the hardest parts of creating a game.

With kind regards
Pieter Boots
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, Pieter.

It's marvellous when you notice that you read the designer's opinion. Thanks a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.