GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,455 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Notre Dame» Forums » General

Subject: A Return of the Generic Alea Box Insert! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
...and I had so hoped we'd grown past this what with the splendid over the top monstrosity that was Rum and Pirates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you clarify what you're talking about? I've got a copy of Notre Dame but I've never played Rum and Pirates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon W
United States
Aurora
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look at this:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/130565

It's very nice for the counters, as you can shake them any which way and they stay put. That's my guess as to what he means. I've bagged my ND components, so it doesn't bug me too much that the tray is more "universal."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
JohnRayJr wrote:
Can you clarify what you're talking about? I've got a copy of Notre Dame but I've never played Rum and Pirates.

The insert seen in Notre Dame is the same as the insert seen in a number of other Alea games. I think it was used in Fifth Avenue, Traders of Genoa, Chinatown, and the first German printing of Ra.

It basically fits none of those games well. It doesn't fit Notre Dame well either.

The other games in the series all got much nicer trays, culminating in the spectacular tray for Rum and Pirates.

It doesn't bug me, but is a lack of attention to detail I noticed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it actually workd well. I have a Plano 6 compartment box that fits all the woods and messages for each color. the 6th space holds the rats and Quasimodo. This little box fits perfectly in the large center section. I used the 5 bagies for the 4 types of prestige points and the coins. Which fits well, along with the cards in the 6 slots around the big opening. I was also surprised to see that the irregular burroughs also fit well where the game board typically goes. Generic it may be but it was the best generic insert that actually worked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, Ok.

Yeah, you can easily fit all of the components into 2 out of 7 spaces. I don't require a Tikal-style insert in every game, but it is noticeable in this one. Great game though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.